Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Steve (MiniJunkie) from GA

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Steve (MiniJunkie) from GA

I'm Steve. I'll go by MiniJunkie on the forum (as I do on other forums I have participated on.)

I was raised in MA where they have a strange idea that something you cook on a grill of any type is considered "BBQ". Since I have now lived in GA for over 25 years, I have long ago replaced that silly notion with the correct southern definition for BBQ.

I must confess that while a long time enthusiast for genuine low and slow BBQ, I am a novice at practicing the art. I recently decided that our new house needed a proper grill and purchased a Rec Tec 680 as my first tool. Both my Wife and my dog are pleased. (as am I)
    My wife, who is a "true southerner" (hailing from Uruguay) comes from a loooooong tradition of slow cooked meats. The Asado is a cultural mainstay in Uruguay/Argentina and the centerpiece of their cooking and family life.

MiniJunkie comes from my enthusiasm for the go-kart like handling of my Mini Cooper crossed with a chosen forum name of my son's.

My professional life has nothing to do with BBQ. (I am an Aircraft Maintenance Technician)

Our other hobbies are Recreational and Cave Diving, Skiing and Driving our cars enthusiastically.

I look forward to sharing with you all on the forum.

Welcome from Northern Virginia and enjoy The Pit! It's a great resource with a bunch of awesome members.

Comment

Welcome from ne ohio

Comment

Welcome the The home of low and slow - the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Minijunkie, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
            You will find more Aviation ,ex.Pats, here! MBMorgan & Mr. Bones to Name Two!
            Eat Well and Prosper, From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome and I hope its a 'classic' Mini Cooper. I'm restoring a 63 Mini and turning it into a Cooper replica. Slow project but some things are worth waiting for. That 'rubber cone' suspension really makes them handle like 'go carts' which I have raced in my younger years....sooo much fun....
                  Nice to have you here...

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Steve ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Minijunkie! We’re glad you joined and thanks for introducing yourself!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                          1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                          2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Minijunkie

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York, Steve.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here