Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and Questions!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to The Pit HamsterDR! We’re glad you joined! I have two Weber Kettles both with a Slow 'N Sear and I can't say enough good about this setup and how awesome the results are. Here's a page on this setup. We all have our preferences, so whatever you decide on here's to some great cooks and good eating for you and your guests!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard HamsterDR. Whatever you do, do not have your smoker made of cardboard. Eat good &have fun.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

There are several articles and videos on-line about conversion to natural gas. Here's one: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0fmQ47BT5J0

Comment

Welcome! Solid advice on the SnS and Weber kettle. And unless you really require the convenience of a gas grill a kettle is a good (and low cost) first step. You will find many end up with a gas grill at some point but love their kettles, smokers, and pellet grills for the heavy lifting. My 2 cents.

Comment

HamsterDR, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
            Regarding Your Question about What Grill or Smoker, I would Like to Refer You to the Ratings and Reviews Section on the Home Page of this Site! Max Good has made an Outstanding Effort to Evaluate Various Grills and Smokers! My initial reaction is to Influence You to buy a Weber Kettle, a S 'n S, and a Drip & Griddle! This Combo will leave You with enough $ in Reserve to Get a MK-4 Thermopen Instant Read Thermometer by Thermoworks and a Maverick et 732 or 733 Dual Probe Leave In Thermometers! You will Need Both!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	24 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	280933Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	62 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	280927Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	56 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	280924Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	9 Size:	3.64 MB ID:	280928Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	12 Size:	3.83 MB ID:	280926Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	13 Size:	3.16 MB ID:	280925Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	11 Size:	3.43 MB ID:	280929Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	2.60 MB ID:	280930Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	15 Size:	2.59 MB ID:	280931
            Attached Files

Comment

Originally posted by Breadhead View Post
              Welcome to the Pit HamsterDR ...

You say... "I am mainly looking for cooking brisket and ribs and getting a good smoke flavor - not steaks or hamburgers."

I'd suggest saving some money by going with a 22.5" Weber kettle equipped with the Slow n Sear... it will cost about $200. A gasser is NOT going to give you what you're looking for. The rig I suggest is a charcoal burner but is very simple to use. There are 100's maybe 1000's of Pit members that use that setup. It will give you a better brisket and/or ribs cook than a gasser. You can make the gasser work but it's not really made for that.

The Weber Kettle without the SnS... was not made for that cook either, but with the invention of the SnS it's easy to get tasty briskets and ribs from that cooker. Plus... if you do ever grill steaks or burgers they will be the best steaks and burgers you've ever grilled at home.

Well, I have used charcoal grills before and don't want to do that again. Can you help me understand why a (natural) gas grill is not going to work? Meathead in the book discusses setting up gas grills for indirect cooking and that is what I was looking at.

David

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here