Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Brian from Northern Cali

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Brian from Northern Cali

I love science and hate BS, so meathead is the perfect guru for me !

Welcome to The Pit timesnewroman! And well said!

Since this is one of your first posts, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Greetings, Brian ... welcome aboard ...

Comment

Well then.....WELCOME TO THE PIT!!!! We are happy to have you. Let the myth busting begin!!

Comment

Welcome - where are you from in Nor Cal? I'm in Chico and have had the briskets here at COSTCO for about six months for the first time. There are a lot of CA folks in the Pit who have been waiting forever for news of when their COSTCO is going to get them in.

Comment

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike and Sierraslick - I'm really glad. I was patting myself on the back for getting them here but it looks like it was a corporate decision. I'm still telling my friends I got them in Chico even though I know differently now.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            CaptainMike - the ones in Chico are Prime - fatty, as well. They have ranged from $2.29 to $2.99lb. A good amount of trimming is involved. I look for evenness at the bottom. At that price, I don't mind the trimming.

• tbob4
            tbob4 commented
            Editing a comment
            Sierraslick - Good info. There have been a number of members here who have not been able to find any in the Bay. For a year I commuted from Chico to Hayward. So CoCo, Marin, San Mateo and and Santa Clara Co folks can drive a few miles if they want one.

Welcome to The Pit Brian.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome again timesnewroman

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and thanks for the great introduction!

Comment

Welcome to the fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from upstate New York.

Comment

Howdy from Kansas Territory timesnewroman !

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

timesnewroman, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Brian for Your Own BS Protection You Might Want to Wear High Top Boots when you Log On!
                          Eat Well a Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome Brian! We're of the same mindset - love science and hate BS.
                            BTW - here's a link that RonB posted earlier on the science of cooking meat, it's a really good read:
                            They just posted this article on cooking meat: http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2017/02...-Green-Sale-cs (http://blog2.thermoworks.com/2017/02/coming-heat-effects

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here