Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

More Greetings from the North

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• David Parrish
    replied
    Welcome to The Pit Steve! Pics of your cooks... they are required

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Welcome aboard SteveL! WSMs are good units, many happy people running them.

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hi there Steve. Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Glad to have ya!!! Thanks fore the support!!!

The Pit Barrel loaded down with meat walks a fine line b/n quick cooking, and having enough bark (for me) when it gets done.

Luckily all meats that were done without wrapping had ample bark.

I'd like a little 14.5 WSM for small smokes.

Leave a comment:

• SteveL
    started a topic More Greetings from the North

More Greetings from the North

Hi all been following amazing ribs for a couple of years now and just joined the club. I am up in downtown Toronto which means small backyards (15'x15') but an 18" WSM fits just fine! I started smoking about 4 years ago and was using my gas bbq and then upgraded to the WSM 2 years ago. After watch Harry's video I did a brisket with no water in the pan and was very happy with the results. Loved the video by Harry on the WSM - been using all his tricks. No water in the pan really made a difference on the bark in my last brisket! Looking forward to Tuffy's presentation on brisket that is coming up. I also just started curing meat and did my first bacon - man is it good and much easier than I thought. Don't think I can go back to store bought bacon again.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here