Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from England

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from England

Now then.......that's a typical north of England greeting, my name is Tom and I'm from Hull in East Yorkshire England. I've been watching this site now for over 18 months and have had great and fabulous tips about how to cook the good stuff.
    I'm 65 years young and have been fascinated with the 'real' BBQ techniques, I bought a 4 rack Bradley nearly 2 years ago now and I can tell you it has been a MASSIVE learning curve in how to BBQ 'your way' American style. I struggled at first to comprehend styles and techniques, and particularly the Bradley itself. I have however learnt to 'cheat' the system with my short cuts and producing something my family really love.
    I bought a Weber one touch 4 months ago and had the Smokenator delivered today and am really looking forward to putting it to work.
    When I retire in a couple of years ( I work as a pilot on the River Humber) I'm seriously considering investing in either a Yoder YS1500/YS640, an ABS Pit-Boss/Judge/Southern Pride to cater for weddings and such like....anybody with any experience with these I would be grateful for any tips.

Tom

How do you do Tom?

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Now then, welcome Tom.

Had a cousin that was stationed there years ago in the Air Force. He came back with a wife. She was a hoot.

Thanks for the support!!!

Comment

Welcome Tom! We're glad you're here. Try posting your grills and smokers questions in the Grills and Smokers channel. You'll get more responses there. We usually just say a quick hello or three in this channel, though you might get a few responses here.

Comment

Hi Jon, I'm fine thanks hope you are too, Hi Jerod I don't know anybody from Hoot...sounds fun though. Hi pit boss David...everything you say is a commandment, honoured to be in your company......and I'll do just that, thanks.

Comment

• Ernest
            Ernest commented
            Editing a comment
            HAHAHAHAHAHA, you don't know anyone from Hoot!! Now that's funny!

Originally posted by tommyjess View Post
          ...Hi pit boss David...everything you say is a commandment, honoured to be in your company......and I'll do just that, thanks.
          Honor is all mine, and I'm making sure SWMBO reads this! lol

Comment

Hi Tom from Hull. Glad to have you here with us. Great intro post by the way!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Codhead Tom,

I'm from a few miles south of your good self.

Yours Sincerely,

Yellow Belly Tony.

Last edited by (Tony); October 23, 2014, 09:38 PM.

Comment

• tommyjess
                tommyjess commented
                Editing a comment
                Now then Tony thanks for the welcome, we may bump into each other sometime, I've been following this site for a while now, great techniques and recipes. Whereabouts you from, I'm often (over the border), Immingham, and G.Y.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here