Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Allow me to introduce myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Allow me to introduce myself!

Always wanted a smoker, but never bought one. Then my wife told me that one of our neighbors posted a Large BGE for sale on facebook, saying that her husband only used it twice in two years. Later that night, he was helping me wheel it down our street. Since then I'm fixated. Been buying much needed replacement parts, accessories, and upgrades. Decided to consider an investment in a temperature controller, which led me to this site. Looking forward to doing a long cook this weekend so that my friends and family can have something tasty to eat while we watch our Falcons in the Super Bowl!

A big hearty welcome to you SMOKIN! You have just joined THE BEST bbq forum on the 'net'. I also have a BGE and boy do I love it! Looking forward to see some of your future cooks here! Tim

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. May I suggest a pork butt for your first long cook? It's probably the easiest meat to try for a first long cook. Here is where to start if you haven't already been there. You could also add a chuck roast or two at some point if you'd like some variety. Chuckies are handled the same way as butts, but they do cook quicker and need a beef rub instead of a pork rub.

Comment

Congratulations on the egg purchase and welcome

Comment

SMOKIN, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

By the looks of the profile pic you are definitely happy to bee here.

Welcome to yet another legal addiction.

Comment

Congrats on the new cooker and Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome SMOKIN

Comment

Welcome to the Pit and the BGE cult.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit SMOKIN! Thanks for the support and nice to have you here! Congratulations on the BGE. I love mine. What temp controller did you buy? I use a PartyQ from BBQ Guru with rechargeable batteries (I don't have power at my cookers).

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome SMOKIN!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Thank you all! Very much appreciated. Look forward to good times ahead. Since it's my intro thread, I hope it's okay if I ask one question that could otherwise be answered through a simple search. Won't happen again, so here goes:

What's your favorite out-of-the-box dry rub for pork shoulder?

I believe that a dry rub on the outside of a pork shoulder is key to success. And would love to know your thoughts. Thank you in advance.

Comment

• sos2979
                              sos2979 commented
                              Editing a comment
                              From a grocery store, the Weber honey garlic rub with something else like chipotle or cayenne pepper to give it a bit off heat can be good. Mccormick's Applewood Rub is also pretty tasty. If you can get to a more specialized BBQ store, the Kosmos Killer Bee Honey rub works well.

Welcome Smokin! I am new to this site too but have tried Meathead's Memphis Dust on Pork Chops and it was awsome. Note that it doesnt have any salt in it, so be sure to read up on the concept of Dry Brining......two cooks and I am a believer and convert!

If you havent purchased your temp controller, i use a CyberQ from the BBQ Guru. it was pricey but it is a truly amazing piece of equipment.

Enjoy the cook (Pork Butt is a great choice) and the game. I cant wish you good luck because i am from just outside of Boston and a huge Patriots fan!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here