Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

David here

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

A few things to update

I escaped from the "right to flee" and "tax till you die" state of Maryland to the wonderful state of Florida. Maryland is a beautiful state but I could not afford it.

retirement is awesome. haven’t worked this hard since I was a youngster.

when I moved, my "fixed" chargriller did not make the cut. I was hoping to buy a Yoder but completely gutting my house and rebuilding fixed that idea.

bought a Weber Smokey mountain 22” smoker. I like it but making it work has eluded me.

bought an offset upright smoker, it did okay but keeping the temp within 50-75 degree window was just not happening for me. That went to the curb and the guy that picked it up now has his first real smoker. He is very happy. Not having habits and ideas on how to make it work will probably work well for him.

My wife saw the new competition chargriller on Mother’s Day and she said "done". A guy at the HD asked how that happens and my wife said with a smile, " I cook less"

today is the first cook with it and chicken thighs are in there. So far, it has been very stable

later, I will be working on making more closet doors.

Comment

Smoking now for 5 hours. Average temp has been between 225 and 250. Went down to 200 when I was busy shucking oysters - oops.

put a bunch of wood charcoal to see how high it would go, last smoker would go to 375 with less than what I put into it, this went to 255.

chargriller did a good job with this one.

Comment

Welcome from Washington

Comment

Welcome from Western Massachusetts.

Comment

​ Howdy from Kansas Territory, Welcome to Th Pit!

Lookin forward to learnin along with, an from ya!

Comment

Welcome David from St. Cloud, FL.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here