Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

GREETINGS FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!!!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

GREETINGS FROM THE GREAT WHITE NORTH!!!

Hello all and good day eh!!! ...SMOKIN CANUCK HERE from Winnipeg,Manitoba Canada...although we do have very frigid and snow filled winters,our summers are very warm and perfect for smoking ribs,pork,chicken or any kind of meat up at the lake or in the backyard ...I'm kinda new to the whole smoking process,but I'm hooked!!!...I have a Kingswood charcoal belly smoker and a propane fueled cabinet type smoker and use them both quite extensively in summer and fall...my favorites are smoked back or side ribs and chicken legs with the back on...any tips,ideas,recipes or comments are very welcome...STAY SMOKING,MY FRIENDS!!!

WELCOME! Glad to have you here we look forward to your insights.

Comment

Canada sure is tearing up the board. One day I will go to Canada to hunt.....anything, as long as it don't eat me first.

Welcome and thanks for the support!!!!!

Comment

Howdy SC. Thanks for joining. We just have to get you so hooked that you smoke year round, and shovel a path to your cookers!

When you get a minute check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Hi SC: Welcome to another Canadian. Any plans for using the smokers during the winter? If so how do you plan on insulating/wind breaking for them.

I've got a 12' x 18' hardtop gazebo with both windows and screens, and I'm trying to come up with some way of jury rigging the vent and providing some heat/thermal break so that I can smoke my Christmas Turkey. I'm totally hooked on smoking, and what's a little snow anyway?

Comment

Hey there SC WELCOME!

Comment

Click image for larger version

Name:	ribs.JPG
Views:	128
Size:	144.0 KB
ID:	27919

Smoked some nice side ribs done in a memphis style rub with a Canuck twist...maple syrup and liquid smoke applied to ribs before the rub goes on...It was a sunny 21c day in Winnipeg...very warm for this time of year...they turned out FANTASTIC!!
              Attached Files

Comment

Nicely done! Welcome!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                No announcement yet.
                Working...
                X
                false
                ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                false
                false
                {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                Yes
                ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here