Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another Soggy NW Smoker

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another Soggy NW Smoker

Like others, I appreciated how much I have gotten from this site, and joined the Pit about a month ago. Just now getting around to signing on. Live in beautiful Bellingham, WA, and like all my fellow Puget Sounders, often tend the smoker in a steady drizzle.

Got hooked on great BBQ as a kid in Georgia, and have been aspiring to make stuff as good as old Mr. Hemmer did in his back yard hickory pit back then. Wore out my trusty rusty charcoal double barrel smoker and switched to a RecTec so I can sleep during those long slow cooks. Favor pork shoulder and brisket, but put plenty of chicken and an occasional batch of ribs on the cooker. We have some great microbreweries in town, and I do my best to support them. Also a very strong local, sustainable, organic food movement in my area, and I try to take advantage of local pork and beef when I can afford it.

Just retired, have fun taking to the road in our small RV with my wife, and always leave on a trip with good supply of frozen vacuum-packed pulled pork and brisket in the RV freezer. Play trombone in my spare time.

Thanks to all for such a great site.

Welcome Tim. My little sister was born in Bellingham, many years ago when my dad was teaching at Western Washington. I don't remember much, but I've seen some photos of pretty country.

Comment

Welcome tongatim, that's a great intro post. Also, great job on tour signature too!

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome tonG

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here