Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from Budapest, Hungary

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

kjozsa, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
    Enjoy "The Pit"!
    We once had an employee by the name of Sandor Vida originally from Budapest Hungary! He, his Wife (Aronca) and daughter were barely able to Speak English when Sandor started with our little construction company! Over the time he was here I had the opportunity to eat some of His Native Hungarian Cooking both out of a Lunch Box and at their Family Table! Absolutely Delicious and Excellant! As I recall it would go with BBQ nicely, I look forward to Your Posts!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Comment

Thanks for the nice words everyone!

As of getting this Weber cast iron wok rolling, I'm unsure about the required seasoning - should I handle it as I would cast iron generally (using oil and warming it into the item slowly, then letting it cool) or should I rather follow the manufacturer's instructions, washing it in warm water, drying it and start cooking right away. I already heard that this particular item might has porcelain coating so this might be enough. One problem with seasoning the usual way (which I thought shouldn't hurt after all) would be that it doesn't fit into my kitchen's oven..

Also to score some quick win on my first wok cook, I could really use a specific recipe with exact instructions. I've read some on wok cooking but with zero experience going with "some meat, some veggies and some sauce" well.. I'm not sure how this would end up

Comment

• Danjohnston949
        Danjohnston949 commented
        Editing a comment
        Spinaker, Seems to be "The Pit" expert on Cast Iron Cleaning and Seasonings! He will show up Directly and Give You Some Advice! As I recall he Uses Several Coats of Flax Oil! Send a Private Message and Ask for Advice, he is a Good Guy!
        From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Welcome from Virginia.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here