Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jerrybs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jerrybs

Joined 2014, just now getting around to posting a intro. My wife and i volunteered to help our little city put on our first kcbs event in 2016. During the planning of the event we became judges and table captains.
    We were pulled into our event as judges after some last minute no shows. We sat with master judges and newbies like us. It was an eye opener to say the least! After we completed judging one of the master judges told us the meats were from the backyard competitors. Not knowing the difference we filed that away for our next event. Were we judged in a nor cal event and got into the pro category. OH MY GOODNESS THERE IS A WORLD OF DIFFERENCE! Now we know to bring an ice chest for left overs! I was born in Texas, raised in Alaska, live in California. My father built his own smokers and taught me how to enjoy time with a cold beer and smoke in your face. Damn i miss him! Got an incredible wife she lets me think I am in charge.
    Planning our july 15 2017 event, check kcbs clayton ca. We have alot of fun! One little story, we went to my uncles 50th anniversary in Texas a few years back. Another uncle was a caterer and did over night pit briskit. When we started eating the meat i asked my uncle if he had any sauce. oops learned a lesson. Uncle asked " sumptin wrong with the meat boy" Got interesting looks from everyone around us! My aunt said "he's been in cally to long." Almost as funny as our first taste of north carolina sauce during a pig pick-n contest, we were sweet sauce people and puckered up like we had bitten into a sour pickle. But loved every minute of it. Got meatheads book, its full of notes. I will resurect my dads weber kettle this spring. Take care!

Welcome to The Pit Jerry.

Comment

Great stuff Jerrybs looking forward to seeing more from you and your resurrected kettle.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Texas, Alaska, and California ... two of my favorite places ... ... Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Jerrybs

Comment

Welcome to th Pit, Jerrybs !!
              Sounds like yer palate's gittin' quite th' educatin' in BBQ styles!
              Did ya' enjoy th' Texas Sauce at yer Uncles? Prolly puckered up right nigh as bad as from th' NC sauce, I reckon!
              Glad yer here, hop on in, an' git involved...

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Chico, CA.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Jerry!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jerrybs! Thanks for the great introduction and keep having fun.

Although you've been with us for some time (and likely read this dozens of times on others' intros), here's your very own link to the homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Jerrybs, Jerry, I very much enjoyed Your Intro! Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.!
                          Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

welcome to the pit. Funny story!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Great story.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here