Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy Y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy Y'all

Howdy Y'all,

I am a very excited to finally be apart of the members section of this site. I have combed through, what I can honestly say, almost 90% or so of the free information on this site. I have loved every minute of it. I come from a long line of BBQ pit masters from the Houston Texas area, accumulating in a room full of trophies. You can say I have always had a deep love and respect for true BBQ. I personally have been smoking Q on my own since 2010 on an offset smoker indirect smoker, modified out of its mind, producing Q that my friends rave about. It wasn't until recently that I have gotten into the science side of the house of how Q, meat science section here blew my mind. Since then, I have stepped my game drastically up and have had many reviews from those around me that say "it is the best Q they have had in their whole life". I take this with a grain of salt. As I have personally had some Q that is easily double as good as what I can produce at this stage. I am currently using the PBC and am in love with the simplicity of the device, yet find myself lacking and missing the pit boss/smoker relationship you gain from having an indirect offset smoker.

I am eager to learn and join the ranks of those truly deserving of the name and endorsement of some of the best back yard BBQ-ers out there.

-Jeff

Welcome welcome to the Pit! While I am not one of them there are plenty of folks who can help you up your game on a PBC.
    Last edited by LA Pork Butt; January 18, 2017, 10:34 AM.

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
      Jeff_Carley commented
      Editing a comment
      I have been lurking over on the PBC forum and like the information that I am getting. I'm just missing the extra smoke that I get from the offset. two different machines.

Welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Jeff!

Comment

Welcome to The pit Jeff.

Comment

Welcome Jeff_Carley

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jeff_Carley! Thanks for joining and it's great to have you here! Nice job on your signature.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
              Jeff_Carley commented
              Editing a comment
              thank you fuzzy.

A very hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Jeff_Carley, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Howdy yerself, Jeff_Carley !
                  Welcome to th' Pit, lookin' forward t' sharin' knowhow with ya...

Comment

Howdy from a Louisiana neighbor. Welcome to the pit, enjoy the Wikipedia of BBQ.

Comment

Greetings! We're sorta neighbors. When I'm not in Michigan I'm in Spearfish, SD.

Comment

• Jeff_Carley
                        Jeff_Carley commented
                        Editing a comment
                        i saw that when you posted your PBC picture, I'm guessing it is you...if not there is another. Those are two drastically different places! Looking forward to maybe swapping some q tips for this region.

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas.

Comment

Welcome aboard, Jeff ...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here