Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings fellow carnivores (and Herbivores)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• Jon Solberg
    replied
    Hello HB Welcome

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Great to have you. I love me some shrimp.

Jamie Foxx got busted for stealing shrimp in a movie, he was quick to correct people and let them know they were actually prawns.

Leave a comment:

• Huskee
    replied
    Greetings HappyBloke! 'Shrimp on the barbie' stereotype BUSTED! Glad to have you here.

Good job on your signature by the way. In case you haven't already, please check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit and there's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Leave a comment:

• happybloke
    started a topic Greetings fellow carnivores (and Herbivores)

Greetings fellow carnivores (and Herbivores)

Hi

I am an Aussie ex-pat living in the USA. I've come to learn that BBQ in the states is not what I grew up with in Australia. My dad grilled meats over a wood fire and later over an open gas grill. It is much more fun doing it low and slow (I can drink more beer) and the result is tastier. (For the record, my dad never, ever threw a prawn (aka shrimp) on the barbie. We always ate 'em cold as do most Aussies.)

I have over the years acquired a Weber Summit s-670 natural gas grill, an old Charbroil elevator type charcoal grill and most recently a Weber 18.5 smokey mountain smoker.

I love the gas grill for its simplicity and I can crank it up to over 700 to sear my steaks and quickly burn the gunk off all my grill plates. I also use it extensively as a second oven. Throwing chunks of wood onto the burners or in the side burner box helps impart some smoke flavor.

The only time I use my old charcoal grill is when I need the extra surface area for a big gathering.

My new found joy is the baby of them all; the smokey mountain. It has allowed me to fool proof my pork ribs and pulled pork from the tested recipes.

A big shout out and thank you to MeatHead and the rest of the Amazing Ribs crew. I have learnt an awful lot from y'all. As a result I have been able to kick my cooking up a notch or two.

HappyBloke

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here