Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hotshins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hotshins

Greetings from Samford ( Brisbane), Queensland, Australia.

I have just swapped using camp ovens in favor of seeing how I go with a a smoker, and I have already won favor with family and friends, at lot of it down to the rub recipes and guidance from this site ........

As the 'dedicated fire man' of the Hotshins Camp Oven Cooking team I'll still get to burn Ironbark (timber).

Camp oven cooking has fed ringers in outback stock camps and miners through the gold rush, and now there is an event to celebrate the bush kitchen favourite.

H

Welcome from Indiana, USA.

Awesome article and link... looks like fun and great food... also I appreciate the fun play on words for your team name.

Comment

• Hotshins
      Hotshins commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks Nate - its great that you go the play on words - hotshins is certainly an anatomical affliction when working with open fire

Welcome to The Pit Hotshins! We're glad you joined!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Las Vegas.

That is a great link. Here in our neighborhood seemingly everyone has at least one of those three-legged Dutch Ovens. We rotate hosting monthly parties where everyone brings their pot and cooks something for the evening meal... charcoal below and on top.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois. Nice article.

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD! That festival sounds like great fun!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Fun article! Welcome to the group!

Comment

Welcome Hotshins

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Hotshins

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! Brisbane's a nice town ...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Those recipes sound down right mouth watering.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you here. Great video. I am a Cast Iron nut myself! You'll love smoking, a lot like camp oven cooking. Plus you still get to play with fire!

Comment

• Hotshins
                            Hotshins commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Hi Spinaker

what level Cast Iron Nut are you at?

I have surpassed the 50 oven level - though I do have some real favorites. There are a lot more collectors now than a while ago.( and many ovens may never see coals again ).

H

• Spinaker
                            Spinaker commented
                            Editing a comment
                            I have about 10 ovens. But I have over 100 pans and griddles. Yeah I also have many pans that will never see a stove top again. Hotshins

That Looks Like More Fun than Should Be Legal Hotshins! Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ University! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! Welcome to You Down Under from Us Up Yonder!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Click image for larger version

Name:	image.png
Views:	122
Size:	81.5 KB
ID:	259415

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here