Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Another new guy

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Another new guy

Hello all...new guy reporting from the Chicagoland area.

Stumbled onto to this site while researching a new cooker and I've been immersed in it ever since. looking forward to learning more, and maybe someday I'll be able to contribute some knowledge to the group.

Welcome to the addiction where the only help is to become further addicted.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome xaugievike

Comment

Welcome to The Pit xaugievike! Glad to have you with us. Nice arsenal of gear you have there (and nice job setting up your sig). Regarding the WSC in box...there's no grilling off season! Open 'er up and get to cooking guy!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• xaugievike
                xaugievike commented
                Editing a comment
                Rest assured the cooking doesn't cease! The new piece is intended for our seasonal camping spot...keeping it in the box will make for easier transport (at least that's the delusional approach I'm taking).....but it's REALLY hard not to break that bad boy out!

A hearty welcome from Illinois. Yes, a Chicago far SW suburb, Oswego. There are a bunch of us from this area, so you know that you have close neighbors contributing.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome xaugievike! Do you have any favorites to cook?

Comment

• xaugievike
                      xaugievike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Thanks!

Baby backs are probably my fav. But brisket and pulled pork get done a lot also. Although the little smoky appetizers I make seem to be a big hit (ABT's, dragon tongues, ham/pineapple kabobs, moink balls...etc)

• fuzzydaddy
                      fuzzydaddy commented
                      Editing a comment
                      xaugievike you've got my stomach begging for food! Pulled pork and pulled beef (from chuck roasts) are my favs. Due to price I cook more pork than beef. I'm pretty fond of baby backs and spare ribs too.

Welcome to the Pit! What smoker are you looking at getting? We might be able to help you with your decision.

Comment

• xaugievike
                      xaugievike commented
                      Editing a comment
                      The summit charcoal is the new acquisition

• Spinaker
                      Spinaker commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Wow. Nice work. xaugievike

xaugievike Welcome aboard! You already have contributed! Thank you for joining the group of crazies. Eat good and have fun!

Comment

Welcome xaugievike ! Sounds like yer well on yer way, hope ya can get th' WSC out soon!!!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit from Las Vegas, @xaugievike

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here