Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Southwest Connecticut

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Southwest Connecticut

Hi all,

Just joined the Pit and am a real beginner in the world of smoking, and from what I've learned this summer on the site, I'm a real beginner in BBQ/Grill/everything to do with cooking outside.

I've got a Oklahoma Joe COS that was a gift for Father's Day and I've sealed the lid, put gasket sealer around the various leak areas, put the dryer 90 degree angle elbow on the inside of the stack and made the charcoal basket.

Family bought me a dual digital thermometer (grate and food with high/low alarms), grilling gloves and three books. It's tough to find the time with two little ones under three but I do it when I can and really love how everything turns out. I'm not adventurous yet and use all the site's recipes to the letter, but will eventually get comfortable enough to try new things.

Looking forward to a great winter of comfort foods and then a summer of weekly food adventures!

Island

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit IslandNomad! Sounds like you're well prepared for some delicious food. We're happy to have you here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to adventures in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome IslandNomad !!! Glad yer here with us in th' Pit!
                I'd love t' see pics of yer OK Joe's, and yer food!
                Gotta OK Joe's Highland my dang self, which one d' ya have?

Comment

Welcome aboard IslandNomad!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here