Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member in the Lou

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member in the Lou

Hello checking the site out for a bit but joined today. My real name is Ed and I live just outside St Louis in St Charles, MO. Other than using my Ugly Drum Smoker or gas grill, I love sports. I'm a huge Blues fan (season tickets for 30+ years) and a big Cardinals fan. Played baseball into college but gave it up because the shoulder told me it was time. I enjoy bowling and playing golf and spending time at the lake on our boat.

I got my smoker 2 year ago and use it at least monthly maybe a little more frequently. It only took me asking for it for 4 years before the wife finally gave in. Have done a bunch of pulled pork and a few other things as well. I'd love to get a little more diverse but every time I say I'm going to smoke something the family says they want pulled pork.

Looking forward to digging deeper into the site and seeing what gems I can find.

A hearty welcome from Illinois. You have come to the right place to go gem mining.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Ed. Next time smoke a chuck roast without telling them. Do it the same as a butt, but with a beef rub, (BBBR and Montreal Steak Seasoning come to mind). Since it's thinner than a butt, it will probably cook faster. If you are worried about the size, smoke two.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit fparted! Nice to have you here, thanks for joining up.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome fparted

Comment

Welcome aboard, Ed!

Comment

Welcome, fparted (Ed)! Glad yer here with us!
                In addition t' th' aforementioned chuck roast, try smoking some pork loin, brats, or meatloaf... I'll bet yer family will ask for these a lot, as well!

Comment

Welcome. One thing I know for sure - you must make really mean pulled pork. Congrats on that!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome fparted. I can relate to cooking a lot of pulled pork and not much else for a time. I enjoyed it and so did the family, friends and neighbors. As has been said, you must be doing a fantastic job.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here