Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Robert Besst (BesstR)

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Robert Besst (BesstR)

I was introduced to smoking meat at an early age growing up in Iowa. My dad had a friend with an old refrigerator turned into a smoker. It was mostly fish in the summer some of you may cringe but his smoke carp was amazing plus whatever else we would catch. Then in the winter was the typical meats like venison, pork, and beef. I was always amazed how different woods would make things taste. No advanced forward first grill/smoker was a offset New Braunfels one of the originals heavy steal. My wife sold it at a yard sale and I was upset and she bought me a Weber performer to replace it. I always miss the old smoker and my neighbor after weeks of negotiations bought it back and surprised me with it. This Christmas my wife bought me the Pit Barrel Cooker after I talked about it for weeks. Long story short I am learning about the new cooker and excited about what I can do with it. I live in Spring Valley, AZ if anybody is out this way look me up we can enjoy a beverage, cigar and do some grilling. Semper Fi

Welcome to the Pit! It is clear your wife loves you and is supporting you BBQ addiction.

Comment

Welcome from Northern, CA.

Comment

Greetings from Florida BesstR

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Greetings, Robert ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Howdy, Robert! Welcome from Nebraska.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BesstR! Very glad to hear you got your old "New" Braunfels back! That's a nice array of cookers you have there, you're unstoppable. Happy to have you here and thanks for the support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• BesstR
                      BesstR commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I believe the homework assignment is completed. Some great info thank you.

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome BesstR

Comment

Welcome BesstR , glad yer here! Great intro, glad ya got yer ol' flame back, and hope ya' enjoy th' PBC!!!
                        Love t' see pics of yer cookers, an' cooks!!!
                        Semper Fi, an' Can Do, from an ol' Air Det Seabee.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here