Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Silicon Valley!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Silicon Valley!

I've been on Amazing Ribs for a while and even joined the Pitmaster Club in 2014 but this is my first post. I blame Meathead for my obsession with BBQ. I started smoking meat about 9 years ago with a Home Depot $60 smoker. I graduated to a Bradley pretty quickly but I'm now on a Traeger and a Caja China. I've gotten pretty good at ribs, pulled pork, brisket and lechon. I'm now working on perfecting my prime rib. It's a bit pricey to mess up on prime rib.

I'm originally from St. Louis and I'm happy that the BBQ scene out there is finally getting the recognition it deserves. Please support Meathead and this web site, it's a gold mine of knowledge. The book is pretty good as well.

Cheers,
    Rojo

Welcome (finally!) Rojo ...

Comment

Welcome from Northern, CA. Your COSTCOs in the Bay Area should have large vacuum packed Prime Ribeye Roasts in the summer down to about $8.70 - $9.00 a pound. Cut them into three Prime Rib Roasts and experiment. It makes a "mess up" much more affordable.

Comment

Welcome from socal! Prime rib isn't very hard at all to cook, reverse sear! The price is just intimidating. Try Big Bad Beef Rub or Meatheads cow crust recipe. I smoke @ 200-210 until about 125-130 internally then finish off with a sear and let her rest!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Rojo!

Comment

Welcome rojo

Comment

Welcome rojo from Scunthorpe, England.

Comment

Welcome rojo . Enjoy The Pit!

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rojo.

Comment

Glad you posted in the Pit! We hope you will continue to keep,us posted.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rojo! We're glad you popped in to say hello. Thank you for your continued support here.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                          1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                          2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome rojo ! Y' already know all about th' Pit...

Now, don't take another 2-3 years t' post some pitchers!!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here