Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Greenville, SC

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Greenville, SC

I'm Mike and I'm now a smoke-a-holic

I've really found your posts and Meathead's articles helpful and interesting. Cooked a standing rib roast following the article word for word and it turned out great. I'm viewed by my family as a grill master now, although I know I have a long way to go for that honor. It helps that you are for the most part I'm competing to things charred to a crisp. Haha. Anyway I have a Weber 22 performer, a 18 WSM and a three burner Saber gas grill. Love the saber for burgers and simple stuff and use the performer for most other things. I got a SnS for Christmas and looking for something relatively simple to practice on over the next few days. Thanks everyone.

Welcome mjs1966

Comment

Welcome mjs1966 ! Glad ya' joined us here in th' Pit. Lotsa great info, tips, techniques, tricks, etc. I'm sure ya'll add some more, an' I look forward to learnin' with, an' from ya'!
      As far as first SNS cook, may I suggest pork butt, ribs, or chuckies. They're all pretty forgivin' pieces of meat. Or, do up some righteous burgers indirect, then practice yer reverse sear...

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome! A pork butt is a great, easy way to get used to low n slow with the SnS. It is very forgiving, and not at all difficult.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Howdy Mike (from another Mike) ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the group, Mike!

Comment

Welcome from Charlotte!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit mjs1966! Thanks for you support here, we're glad you joined up. Nice array of cookers! I say do a nice rack of ribs with that SnS, that's one of the easier low & slow things to do. Honestly though the SnS makes most BBQ items really easy and as long as you don't overdo the wood (2-3 half-fist sized chunks is all you need) it makes some A++ product.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Greetings from Florida!

Comment

I had forgotten to say that I also got a ThermoWorks Smoke to try as well. I ended up doing a very small 3lb standing rib roast and two 3/4 in thick T-bones. I loved the result and using the Smoke. I've used the Maverick two probe for a while and the smoke definitely has a much better feel. The roast came out great but I do need to practice my thin steak method.
                          ​​​It is a good thing that the practice in the case of grilling is so much fun.
                          I will go do my homework now Huskee.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here