Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Colorado Springs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Colorado Springs

Hello everyone! My name is Brian and I am new to the site. I felt compelled to join after my father gave me Meathead's book for Christmas. I love BBQing/smoking (especially brisket), but claim to be no expert.

I have a Weber gas grill that I have used for about 15 years as well as a Good-One smoker I purchased about 7-10 years ago. Over the last few years the frequency of BBQing dropped dramatically (due to lack of time), so I bought a REC TEC mini to see if pellet grilling would change things. At first I didn't like it, but now it is quite the opposite and I find my interest in smoking re-kindled as I am BBQing all the time (mainly since the pellet grill indeed takes less time). Now I am considering selling my Good-One (unless someone can convince me there is a good reason to keep it) and am looking at getting a larger pellet grill. I am currently looking at the larger REC TEC and a MAK 2 Star, but am having trouble justifying the MAK. In addition, my daughter wants me to cook brisket for her wedding this summer; so I want to make the right choice. Hoping some of you folks can help me with this.

I am very much looking forward to this great site and contributing to the site at some point down the road.

Brian

Welcome to the Pit from just a little north of you in Parker!

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome ratboy from Scunthorpe, England.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome ratboy

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brian.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I have a Big Green Egg and keep waiting to win The Good One in the Gold Medal Give Away. Here is one vote to,keep your Good One for the sake of it' versatility. If I win I'll keep my Egg.

Comment

Hi Ratboy. Also new to the forums and also in here COSP. If you want to go see a good selection all in one place, head to Sportsman's Warehouse on Chelton and Platte (Citadel Mall.) I went with the GMG Daniel Boone about 2.5 months ago and am very happy with it. Good temp control with a little testing, really good capacity. Did 2 14# turkeys on tday with room for maybe a 3rd or a breast. Successful brisket, bacon, pulled pork, ribs, and curing a fresh ham from Andy's for new year's day. All of the above was successful because of this site.
                    ​​​​​​I've clearly been smoking a lot (insert Colorado Joke here,) and I've found it really helps to clean out the firebox regularly. Anyhow...
                    ​​​​​

​

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ratboy! We're glad you joined! Have you looked at our Ratings & Review page?

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit ratboy! Nice to have you here. I too vote you keep the Good One. Unless you're making a trip to central MI and want to donate it to a good cause (wink wink). I fear, if it were me, I'd regret getting rid of it a year or two from now. If that's not you and selling it is for sure what you're wanting to do, I"m confident you won't have much trouble selling it. Thanks for joining up with us!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here