Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Fort Wayne, IN!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome jtyoder

Leave a comment:

• Nate
    replied
    Welcome from southwestern Indiana!

Leave a comment:

• jtyoder
    started a topic Hello from Fort Wayne, IN!

Hello from Fort Wayne, IN!

So I've been a grillin' hacker for decades! My first grill was a standard Weber 22" that was a factory second that I picked up directly from the Weber factory in Arlington, IL. I held onto that grill for around 27 years, replacing the wood handles and ash cleaning vanes a couple times over that span. I only started getting serious about smoking the last five years or so. I had passed on my Weber to my son and picked up a COS grill, from a local box store, that has a gas grill on one side and a charcoal on the other. I added on the smoker box a year later and started my quest to better smoked meats! I quickly discovered the lack of quality in my grill was going to make it impossible to hold heat and smoke, making it nearly impossible to get decent results in my smoking efforts. I followed some of the modification recommendations for COS grills on Meathead's site and improved the results substantially, but I still struggle to get my temp near, let alone sustained at, 225 degrees. I have since given up on the smoker box and use offset, indirect heat in the cook box and have had much better success. I am currently pining for a Rectec smoker but that will take a bit more saving!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here