Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello I'm Denny O,

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello I'm Denny O,

And I'm a grilling, smok'in & processing junkie!
    and the folks in the room say's "Hello Denny O. Welcome to the ARP! " (Amazing Ribs Pit get it?)
    Please forgive my past regressions, for I have had a few failures and flare up in my past.

Ok enough of the silliness (woops that one just slipped in sorry)

I've been around for a while reading what I could standing on the outside of MH's gates to smoked meats and just ponied up this last fall. I had been a registered member of an other large smoking meat forum for a few years before I registered there too, and that was 10 years or so ago. SO good or bad ya probably got me till the digger comes across my way.

I've been meat practices for most of my life. We had a patio stationary mounter nat gas grill as I grew up at home. I ventured into charcoal hibachi that was a hand me down just after I was married to my loving high school sweetheart / bride now of 40 years. Bear with me as I need to tell this;

We were married in 76, I had a severe wreck that had me laid up for months and with no income, I purchased our 1st Weber 22" kettle grill. In her reserved scolding voice she gave me He double l! A couple of years later she admitted to me that "That was the best investment that we had ever made!" LOL!

Fast forward about 2 years later into 79 and I have both legs in a cast and,,,, YEP I bought the rotisserie for the Weber!
    And Yess There was a splatter in the box window fan once again!!
    ANd yes the same happened once again out from my loving wifes mouth, "I know I've said this before but this is another best investment that we had ever made!" That was only the start!

The wife and I grew up 22 miles south on this capital city, got married and moved into an apartment i 1/2 block from where we bought a home and have been here ever since. Raised one child, a daughter and she now has her own daughter this year 2016. they live 2,000 miles from our home and let me tell you, Skype is awesome!

Anyway back to my addiction and the reason I'm here, As I may be new to the site, I've been around a bit.

BUT I'm still a NEWBIE! Learning all the time and trying new stuff.

ps, I think I've cleared all my prerequisite courses for Amazing Ribs Forums 101 but please let me know if I have a flair up!

Thank you gentlemen for listening,
    Denny O

Welcome Denny O

Comment

Welcome - fantastic photo you posted! Smiles are contagious, you know.

Comment

Howdy, Denny! Welcome to the Pit!.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois. Wow, quite an introduction.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit, Denny O !!! Glad y'all are here, regards to th' Missus!!!! Hope ya stick aroun' quite a spell! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Denny O from southern MN.

Comment

Ok Denny O, about those flair ups, you wanted to know........ well, I guess this just might not be the appropriate time to discuss what we need to fix. With great reverberations, belligerations & inhalations, we welcome you aboard. Eat good & have fun. I see you will have no problem with MCS, just remember to tell her that her feet look great in those shoes, hand her a rib & it will be the best purchase you ever made. Glad to have you with us.

Comment

Welcome from the Great State of Virginia!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome Denny O from Scunthorpe, England. Nice intro too.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Denny O! Thanks for introducing yourself and great job on your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here