Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings and salutations!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome aboard, @Mountain Canuck

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mountain Canuck! Thanks for introducing yourself and we would love to see some pics of your roast.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome Mountain Canuck from Scunthorpe, England.

Comment

Seared it once it got to 132F, turned out a bit more mediumish than I was shooting for but still quite edible. Will try a better cut of beef next weekend and see what happens.

Click image for larger version

Name:	First try.jpg
Views:	92
Size:	334.8 KB
ID:	255632

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from 6300 ft in Colorado!

Comment

Welcome aboard

Comment

Hello from Calgary! Where exactly are you? Near Waterton NP? It's always great to have another Western Canadian here in the Pit.

Comment

• Mountain Canuck
                  Mountain Canuck commented
                  Editing a comment
                  In BC near Fernie...

Welcome mate!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Mountain Canuck! Thanks for joining up. I enjoyed reading your intro. If I may, your temp to begin searing was a little high. 130-135 is the typical medium-rare done level. If you're after medium rare after searing, I'd suggest start searing as early as 115-120, or as late as 125, and finish it at or near 135.

Comment

• Mountain Canuck
                      Mountain Canuck commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I sort of thought that might be what happened. It was a lot more tender when I remembered to cut the string off it as well.

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here