Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Christmas Present

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Christmas Present

Hi Everyone!
    Bought myself a membership present yesterday, which is what we're supposed to do, right? I live in Lincoln, CA where the grillin' is fine pretty much all year long. I retired from IBM and started a dog training business until I retired from that. I've been grilling all my life with Weber kettles and started low and slow smokin' a year or so ago with much to learn. Hope to get that education from the experts here. I manage two Weber kettles, a WSM and an AOG 36" gasser and enough tools to be granted my very own bottom drawer in the kitchen. I really enjoy trying different rubs and sauces and experimenting with new meals. Some come out pretty good! Oh, and I love red ales from craft breweries as my companion during the bbq.
    Anyway, I'm here to learn and hope to share some of my successful cooks.

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

You are a wise man. You joined the Pit. Welcome!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome Hazi

Comment

Welcome, Hazi !!! Lookin' forward t' learnin' from, an' with ya'!!!

Comment

Hello from Chico! If you see a couple of Rhodesian Ridgebacks running around your neighborhood they may have come from my place as puppies. Costco is carrying cases of the seasonal Sierra Nevada Sidecar right now up here. I imagine they are selling in your neck of the foothills. They go really well with oak and almond wood!

Comment

Welcome to the pit Hazi.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Hazi! We're glad you joined. Great job on your signature and you've got some great equipment!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome Hazi from Scunthorpe, England.

Comment

Welcome from sunny Santa Rosa Ca

Comment

Thanks for the grillin' hot welcome folks! I think I'll enjoy the company. I'm going to upload my Thanksgiving turkey to see if I can get the hang of posting pics. This was done on my WSM 3.5 hours at 340 avg temp, apple and cherry wood, 55 degrees outside. 16 lbs.
                          Click image for larger version  Name:	IMG_0605.JPG Views:	1 Size:	7.36 MB ID:	255720
                          I think it worked. Anyway, thanks again!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Hazi! Thanks for joining up with us, appreciate your support.

Comment

Good job on the photo. Here is a Nor Cal Sierra Nevada BBQ beer review because you indicated that's one of your things. I went to Costco today and two new beers have been added: Spring Beer Camp and Tropical Torpedo to go with last week's Side car purchase. My favorite every day Sierra Nevada beer is Hop Hunter to give a point of reference. I like the moderate bitterness and slight pine undertone.

Beer Camp - smooth IPA without too much bitterness. Very nice. I will buy it until it expires.

Tropical Torpedo - it will make you pucker. I liked it more as I drank it. Has a strong grapefruit taste. My son will go heads over heals for it when he visits this Thursday.

The interesting beer is Side Car. I always have Pale Ale on hand for company. I'm not as big a fan of Pales. I really like the Side Car. It has an orange flavor which is only an undertone. It has less alcohol than the IPA's but does not taste light "beery". I'm hoping they have it around during the hot summer months because it would be the perfect grilling beer. It reminds me of the discontinued old unfiltered (red bottle) wheat beer.

I hope you have these choices in Lincoln.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here