Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello Pit Krewe

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello Pit Krewe

My name is Roland Pinault and I am a native New Englander living in BBQ country for the last 15 years. Residing in Northwest Arkansas, I am 3 hrs from KCMO, 5 hrs from Memphis, 5 hrs from Dallas, 2 hrs from Tulsa and 9hrs from NOLA. So I've been eating my way through some of the best digs in this fine country. I keep my old school New England recipies close and have learned a ton from local folks from this hub of Q. Dr. Blonder's article on the science of the stall hooked me on this site.
    This site has fought me a lot, and my wife hooked me up with a membership for Christmas!
    I use a big 12 yr old char-broil gas grill called "Grillzilla"with cast iron burners, a cheap charcoal grill, and a 40" masterbuilt electric smoker enhanced with an a-maze-n 5×8 pellet smoke box.
    Love all things pork, so looking forward to sharing and reading some porknography on this site.
    My second big area of exploration is brining and curing . I have used many teachings here to do homemade pastrami, ham and bacon. Going for the full corned beef experience soon.

Woo hoo let's cook !

Click image for larger version

Name:	IMG_20130727_101949_798.jpg
Views:	117
Size:	59.6 KB
ID:	254851
    Attached Files

Merry Christmas and welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! 😎 We're glad you're here!

Comment

Welcome and your certainly know how to fill that sucker up.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! As you could guess I love pork, too. I grew up in NOLA thus the LA. I now live in Dallas where beef is cheap and pork more pricey. How far are you from Dallas? They are developing some pretty good Q joints. I cook on a Big Green Egg. My daughter gifted my membership for Christmas 2014. The Pit is a fun place to be.

Comment

Welcome rapinau! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome rapinau

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Merry Christmas and welcome!

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Las Vegas.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rapinau! We're glad you joined. That's a beautiful cook you've got underway. We'd love to see some finished pictures.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome, rapinau !!! Lookin' forward t' cookin' along with ya! Load 'em up, an' let th' smoke roll!!!
                        I'm in Kansas Territory, not too awful far west of KC.

Comment

Welcome aboard rapinau. I've got to think you ate the ribs first. Cool cook! Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Greetings from Florida rapinau

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here