Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Happy Holidays Meat Lovers! Brisket time baby!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Happy Holidays Meat Lovers! Brisket time baby!

Hello!

Glad to be here. 35 year old out of Memphis and there isn't much I love as much as transforming a piece of meat into something delish! The longer it takes, the better! Bern doing well in brisket lately. Won a couple of small competitions in the beef category with it. Normally compete in ribs at Memphis in May. Never done to well there, but got 3rd in ribs last contest. I love and respect this site. Learned basically everything I know from it. Cheers to yall and cheers to Meathead. Here's a pic of my brisket that I took off this morning. Prime and smoked with oak and a dash of hickory and apple on a backwoods party G2. Haven't sliced it yet, this was right before wrapping. Pardon my lack of skill in trimming! Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	100
Size:	458.5 KB
ID:	254020
    Attached Files

That is one juicy looking brisket! Looking forward to sliced photos.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois. That brisket looks darned good so far and am sure it will finish up grate.

Comment

Looks amazing! Welcome to the pit!

Comment

Looks great! Id be picking some of that crunchy goodness before rapping.

Comment

• lschweig
            lschweig commented
            Editing a comment
            Do you rap when you BBQ? I know the soul makes you do it. Do you also dance? Just kidding.

• HawkerXP
            HawkerXP commented
            Editing a comment
            I do wrap. I also dance. (when I think nobody is watching) But I do not / can not rap dance. spelling is also a challenge at times.

Welcome to the pit, what part of Memphis are you in. I am just south of there in OB.

Comment

Welcome Brisketeer

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome!

For my briskets, I don't care about the trimming part: I'm not selling it, or putting it up to be judged. My feeling is that if it's red, it's staying. Who cares if it's square, as long as you can eat it it's there.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Brisketeer! That's a great looking brisket!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Brisketeer
                      Brisketeer commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Will do!

It was outstanding!!! Here are some sliced photos. Had to cut down the middle for serving purposes. Click image for larger version

Name:	image1.JPG
Views:	96
Size:	266.5 KB
ID:	254345

Comment

• tbob4
                      tbob4 commented
                      Editing a comment
                      Holy (Christmas) Smokes! That is phenomenal! I suspected it would look that good judging by the photo of the pre-sliced brisket. Thanks for sharing.

Brisketeer to th' Pit, @ Brisket!!! Glad yer here, we can all learn from each other, and together, side by side!

I cain't really quite figger, from yer few posts, so I jus' gotta ask ya': How'd ya git yer nickname?

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here