Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello and suggestions:

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

EdF ...

Shop Walmart.com today for Every Day Low Prices. Join Walmart+ for unlimited free delivery from your store & free shipping with no order minimum. Start your free 30-day trial now!

Comment

Breadhead you might just be right about a Hasty-Bake, a BGE and a small gasser. I've actually been pondering adding a gasser to my mix just for doing two steaks quickly.

fauxQ one of the really great things about the Hasty-Bake is the degree of control that the adjustable firebox gives me. And the fact that I can go from 225 with convection to 325 to 800 degrees direct searing heat. And I can manage my fire without impacting my cook chamber. I can actually run a fuse/minion burn in the Hasty-Bake that will go 8-10 hours at 225, as well. I got the WSM because I wanted to be able to cook a pork butt or brisket without having to add fuel at all.

Comment

• Breadhead
        Breadhead commented
        Editing a comment
        ecowper ... a small gasser with grillgrates will get that job done nicely.👍

• ecowper
        ecowper commented
        Editing a comment
        Breadhead I was thinking exactly that

ecowper, As you are proponent of the Hasty-Bake, can you help explain what differentiates it from other charcoal grills that can raise or lower the charcoal bed? Seems most charcoal grills that are built-in have that feature (e.g., Firemagic, Blaze, Sunstone, Coyote, etc.). H-B has the pull out charcoal drawer but so do Sunstone and Coyote. Does the H-B have better air control? (e.g., more airtight except for the vents?). I'm not trying to dump on H-B but rather trying to understand what it offers over other charcoal grills in the same category. thanks!

Jay

Comment

Just to bring this informative thread to a conclusion, I ended up putting a Blaze 34" Pro gasser and a Primo XL into my kitchen. Still have a learning curve for each (feel like I have mastered my pellet cooker and my aging DCS gasser). Many thanks to the folks who generously contributed so much thought and wisdom in my decision. The Hasty-Bake option was a bridge too expensive (far) for this project, but I am intrigued. So many great cooking options...so little money and time. I'll post some pictures soon.

Jay

Comment

• JCBBQ
          JCBBQ commented
          Editing a comment
          Congrats on your Primo XL. I have one, you're going to love it. If you want to sear on that bad boy just flip the extender rack upside down and fit it in to half the fire box. You can't beat that. It's literally 1/4" from the flame.

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here