Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Idaho!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Idaho!

I love spending a lazy day manning the pit! I teach 2nd grade, love my job. There is no other job I would rather have, but would love to retire! This is my 28th year so I'd like to start manning the grill a LOT more.

I posted this in the wrong place before! I got an email earlier this week saying I was the December Gold Medal Winner, so for the first time I got on the site for more than looking up info and reading articles!

I'm from Texas, moved to Idaho 13 years ago due to my husband's job. Some of my coworkers invited us to a BBQ. We got there to find hamburgers and hotdogs!?! Where I'm from, BBQ has a dry rub or sauce! I was pretty good with the pit, but no expert. Didn't need to be...never far from great BBQ in Texas. Well, here in Idaho I had to up my game. I found this website a couple years ago. It seems I follow lots of Meathead's advice, (is that a reflection of my character? Just joking, I don't know Meathead at all, but I love the personality expressed throughout his articles.) I bought a vertical smoker thanks to an article I read and have done some pretty good pulled pork! I have a backyard pit with a side smoker and can do a fair job with brisket and ribs. I only have inexpensive equipment I've purchased at end of year clearance sales! I won't know what to do with quality equipment...but I intend to figure it out!

Anyway...last April as I was looking up something on this site, the pop up appeared about joining. I like the site, use it fairly often, so thought the support was worth it. I didn't do anything different after joining. I can see now that I haven't explored all the options members have at their fingertips! I will do better!

Now for the homework...

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome from ILLinois

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit, kmwweiskircher !!! Glad yer here with us! Many kudos for teaching the young, and I'm hoping we can learn some things from you, as well. Remember, I'm pulling for you. We're all in this together.

Comment

Welcome kmwweiskircher

Comment

I'm still wondering if you instructed your students on the minnow rescue that you performed?

Comment

• kmwweiskircher
              kmwweiskircher commented
              Editing a comment
              No! I got my snow day Friday! I haven't told my kids about winning yet. I was going to Friday, showing them my email and some of the posts. Now I have to wait until January 3.

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I live in Dallas. Are you longing for Central Texas BBQ?

Comment

Welcome aboard from Colorado!

Comment

Welcome from Baltimore, Md!

Comment

Welcome again kmwweiskircher!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Haven't been further West than Ketchum but you're definitely living in God's Country! welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here