Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from Andover, NH

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Andover, NH

I'm a semi-retired engineer (read that "Old Phart"), but I've always looked at cooking meat (or anything else) as a science. When I found this site last year, I knew was on to something great. I am a NH native and come from a long line of carnivores.
    For equipment I have the classic Weber kettle with a SNS (awesome product), a Camp Chef 24" Smoke Vault, and a 20+ year old Weber (genesis, I think) gas grill. Between these items I manage to put out some pretty tasty stuff, but I'm always learning new tricks.
    Oh yeah, my birth name is Roscoe, but most people call me Rocky (long story there). My wife (ver. 2.0) sometimes has other special names for me (depending on the severity of the offense), but I won't repeat them here as this is a family oriented site.

Welcome from Indiana!

Comment

A Hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Rocky!

Comment

Welcome rammon3

Comment

rammon3 , Howdy from down Kansas Territory way!!!
            It sounds like you have plenty to bring to the table, here.
            Great introductory post, by the way. Glad I was not drinking any beverage when I got to
            My wife (ver. 2.0) sometimes has other special names for me (depending on the severity of the offense), but I won't repeat them here as this is a family oriented site.

Comment

Welcome to fun in the Pit!

Comment

Greetings, Rocky ... and welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome aboard Rocky the Old Phart. Does your wife call you "those things" after you cook something tasty. Maybe we need to have a session with her on how to treat you better, or...............maybe she needs to have a session with us explaining the real you. We'll get to that maybe another time. Eat good & have fun!

Comment

Welcome, from south of the NH border.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rammon3! Thanks for introducing yourself.

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit rammon3! Glad to have you here with us. Your intro made me chuckle.

Comment

Welcome Rocky, from a fully-retired engineer (you can't spell "geek" without a double-e) from Las Vegas.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here