Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New here, and want to learn; hopefully will have some info to share too

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New here, and want to learn; hopefully will have some info to share too

My name is Rich, I've been smoking meats for about 20 years, I've had a bullet, cheap offset, custom made offset, Big Steel Keg, WSM, bunch of Weber Kettles, and an electric smoker. KCBS certified judge, and have done ok in a few BBQ competitions (2nd is my best placement, but was proud of my team's call in a large 50+ pro event).

I've been working on a device to help make smoking easier for folks - www.bbqbot.net, and while working on this device, I've learned a lot that I didn't know in my previous 18 years of smoking meat, so hopefully I can share some of that knowledge.

I've also learned a lot from the public part of Meathead's site, and Greg Blonder's awesome articles, and hoping to learn a whole lot more here.

Thanks!

Rich

Greetings Rich ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome BBQbot

Comment

Welcome from Indiana. Anxious to see and hear more about your device. The concept seems interesting.

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Southern Illinois! I enjoy your concept for BbqBot.

Comment

A hearty welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! You long and varied experience. Your invention is an interesting approach to an air temp controller by having it suck air rather than blow it. It seems as easy to attach as any I have seen. A couple of questions come to mind. Can you choose a specific temperature on the wifi hook up or are you limited to presets connected with particular meats? What about sucking up ash on to your meat? Finally, is Weber the only cooker that it works with or does it adapt to other styles? It could create new cases of MCS.
              Last edited by LA Pork Butt; December 14, 2016, 08:02 AM.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Rich!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BBQbot / Rich! Glad to have you and your experience here. We hope you'll be an active member and we appreciate your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                  1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                  2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Rich! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome Rich BBQbot . Love your website, tell Joyce she is doing great. Good luck with your product, I am sure there are a lot of people out there that want great BBQ without having to do much, and that is a great fit. Have you hit Kickstarter, Indiegogo, etc? Good luck man, and welcome.

Comment

Hey, thanks everyone for the welcomes!
                        Huskee - homework done! Took a bit of work to figure out how to edit the signature, but found the instructions. Might take me awhile to get some of those acroynms though

LA Pork Butt - Specific temp can be set manually, or we have meat profiles where we have settings for different meats - low and slow or hot and fast. No problem with ash, numerous tests, though we have seen some ash issues with other fans blowing from the bottom. Currently only works with a Weber Kettle or WSM, but not hard for us to deisgn for others. Looking at Big Green Egg next.

PaynTrain I'll let Joyce know, thanks!

Comment

• LA Pork Butt
                          LA Pork Butt commented
                          Editing a comment
                          BBQbot I cook on a Big Green Egg and have a Weber Jumbo Joe. MSC is stirring.

Originally posted by BBQbot View Post
                        Might take me awhile to get some of those acroynms though
                        You aren't alone but this should help: https://pitmaster.amazingribs.com/fo...-abbreviations

Comment

Welcome aboard BBQbot!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit. I really like the idea of your BBQBot since I'm into the easy smokin' with a PBC. I hope you will develop one for the PBC.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here