Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from the Chicago Suburbs

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from the Chicago Suburbs

Dear all,

My name is Mario and I’ve been looking at this website for quite a while now. I bought Meathead’s new book about two months ago and it is so amazing that I chose to join this club.
    Originally from Germany, me and my family moved to the U.S. about three years ago. I’m living in the Chicago suburbs and enjoy outdoor cooking 365 days a year (okay, to be honest: sometimes it’s just too cold for that) with a Weber Genesis E330 and a Big Green Egg. I’m trying to improve my grilling/BBQ skills. However, it’s not easy with a wife and a daughter that are almost vegetarians. So it’s only me and my 4 year old who are enjoying every kind of red meat (and sometimes fish/seafood).
    I’m really looking forward to being a part of this pitmaster club, meeting people, sharing experiences and becoming a better pitmaster.
    Cheers,
    Mario

Welcome to The Pit MarioG! Great intro! We're glad you've joined up with us.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
    2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome MarioG

Comment

Greetings, Mario ... and welcome!

Comment

A hearty welcome from another one from the Chicago Burbs. Oswego

Comment

Mario welcome, and yes it does get a tad cool here. I'm out in the Aurora Naperville area. Glad to hear you have someone else who enjoys red meat.
            Happy grilling!

Comment

• lschweig
              lschweig commented
              Editing a comment
              Or the "other white meat" in particular.

Welcome to the Pit, Mario!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome from Highland Park, IL

Comment

Welcome Mario!

Comment

MarioG, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory!
                    Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome, MarioG ! Glad you've joined us here in the Pit, lookin' forward to learning from, and with you.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I cook on a Big Green Egg, too. Maybe having friends over for a party will give you the opportunity to cook larger cuts of meat!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here