Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Jersey City NJ

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Jersey City NJ

Great site! Ive had some fun cruising the pages and testing the recipes.

Way back when I wrestled at Michigan State University the boosters threw a party for the wrestling team. The were serving ribs and they ran out, the host Steve told me that more were on the way and that they were coming out of a wierd little r2d2 looking thingamajig. He then laughed at the graveyard of rib bones that were laying in front of me. About an hour later he threw some more ribs on my plate (thank godness I wrestled HWT). Great guy, fun time, terrific food, basically what bbq is all about to me.

Fast forward 10 years I saw a similar looking device at Lowes, it brought back memories and I bought it for 50$. A horrible little electric Brinkman that brought me frustration and heartburn, thank god it rusted out. A UDS came next and now I have close to a dozen cookers in my backyard. My wife understands that they all have their purpose, as I understand that if I purchase another one, she will definitely go shoe shopping and my pocket can't handle that horror! Well that is my intro looking forward to exploring this site further!

Thanks

Marco

Welcome tenphases

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Marco!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit tenphases! Thanks for your support here, and nice intro! Wow, that's a lot of cookers. Let's get them listed into your signature!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to th' Pit, tenphases !!! Great intro, btw. There's lots t' be learnt here, and we're all learnin' from each other. Enjoy!!!

Comment

Greetings, Marco ... welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome from Illinois Marco.

Comment

tenphases, Marco, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                  Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard Marco! Interesting intro. You need to do an extensive browse as to having MCS. You will find that you have a classic self-diagnosis. Just remember to complement your wife on how purdy her feet look & all saws cut wood. While you were at Moo U, you were in Huskee's neighborhood. That has nothing to do with Q. So, glad to have you with us & enjoy the ride!

Comment

Hey Marco, we're neighbors! I'm in JC too - over by Lincoln Park. How about you? Welcome. I've been using this site for about a year and my grill/bbq game has increased ten fold! Enjoy.

Comment

• tenphases
                        tenphases commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Hey neighbor i'm in the Heights by Washington Park, i have taken my kids fishing by Lincoln park a couple of times, I know the area well!

• JCBBQ
                        JCBBQ commented
                        Editing a comment
                        tenphases, Hey Marco, I've got a Primo XL. Got it in January. Love it. Let me know if you want to check it out in person.

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

It sounds like your inflicted with what we Pit members like to call, MCS, or More Cooker Syndrome.

Comment

• tenphases
                        tenphases commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I know I told the wife that I am taking a break from buying anything new..... I lied, it's just going to take me awhile to save for a Primo XL. The plan is she will be proud of my discipline and not lose her mind when I blow a mortgage payment on a grill

• FireMan
                        FireMan commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Again tenphases, pretty feet & all saws cut wood.

Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome tenphases! Nice selection of cookers you've got!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Marco...from an Iowa Hawkeye ('91)...we know our wrastlin' there (but I coached swimming '88-'92)...and I'm in CT now, not too far away from you!

I know we both agree on at least two things...

#1. What BBQ is all about

#2. Muck Fichigan!!!

Brad in CT

Comment

• tenphases
                            tenphases commented
                            Editing a comment
                            #2 is the best thing i've seen all day!!!!

Thanks

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here