Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Howdy from Fort Collins

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Howdy from Fort Collins

I too have been lurking for quite a while on Amazingribs and thought I should finally pay my dues for all the knowledge I've gained from this incredible site.

Difficult as it is to admit, I have been using a Masterbuilt electric for the last several years (with what I thought were good results). It finally died and I thought it might be an opportunity to step my game up and use something different. I'm currently waiting for my PBC to show up, along with a ThermaQ Smoke. The genesis for both came from the reviews Amazingribs gave, which over time I've learned to trust because they are incredibly thorough, scientific and respected.

My typical smoked meats are pork shoulder, ribs, ham and brisket. I've also figured out how to do an awesome cedar smoked fish and goose and deer jerky. I'm hoping the PBC can help me expand to turkey, chicken, prime rib and others along with taking the flavor game to a new level. I also have a Traeger which I love dearly and is fantastic, but it does have some limitations and I never quite found it to be the smoker I was hoping for.

For personal stuff, I'm a 40 year old private pilot with two kids and a great 17-year (and counting) marriage. Over the years my family has relied on my grilling ability to provide the scratch to the itch and that's the fan base I'm trying to impress. I would say that maybe 4 times in 5 years of having that Masterbuilt, I've had it where it's so good that you stop conversation, set down the fork and knife, and have that truly emotional reaction. I'm hopeful that the PBC and an Amazingribs membership will help to make that commonplace.

Welcome from Indiana.... got some family out your way....

Comment

Greetings and welcome to the Pit! ... from Parker ...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit (bbqpilot)! Thanks for your support here, and great intro!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
        1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
        2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Greetings from Florida (bbqpilot)

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, bbqpilot!

Comment

Welcome (bbqpilot)

Comment

Howdy from th' Kansas Territory, (bbqpilot) ot. Lookin' forward to uppin' my game right along with ya'!

Comment

Welcome from Illinois. Your going to love your PBC.

Comment

(bbqpilot), Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome aboard Mr. Q'n Pilot. YOU are going to blow your families minds with that PBC. Wow, I'm excited for you. What ever you do, get started immediately, & invite everybody over. Enjoy the ride!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Your going to love that PBC. It's a great rig that you will love to own, and it kills it while cooking brisket and pork shoulder .

Comment

Welcome aboard (bbqpilot). It's great to have you here! Oh, the anticipation of a PBC and Smoke soon to be in your hands! See you around The Pit!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                              No announcement yet.
                              Working...
                              X
                              false
                              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                              false
                              false
                              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                              Yes
                              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here