Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Yelm Washington.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from Yelm Washington.

Hello everyone!
    Love this site. I found it while researching which pellet grill to purchase.
    I initially was going to buy a traeger grill, but after reading more on here I have changed my mind.
    Now im looking at 3 different grills: MAK 1 star, Yoder YS640 and the Rec Tec 680. Any words of wisdom from others here about my selection of grills would be appreciated.
    I want to get a grill that will last years without major problems, and that cooks well with the broadest range of cooking features.
    Presently I own a BGE XL. I love it but want to add a pellet grill to my BBQ setup.
    Thanks,
    Art

Welcome from Indiana!

Comment

Greetings, Art ... and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Baldhills

Comment

Welcome from Illinois.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Art!

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Baldhills! Thanks for joining up and for your support here. We had a question a week or so ago about choosing between the MAK1 and the Yoder 640, and here is a comment I put together outlining some differences between the 2. It doesn't cover the strengths of the Rec Tec since it wasn't asked about in that particular post, but the Rec Tec is a great machine and I've never heard anyone complain about it. It's the bigger (grate space anyway) of the 3 as well by a little.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
                2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• Baldhills
                  Baldhills commented
                  Editing a comment
                  Huskee thanks for the info. I tend to agree with you and am leaning towards the YS640.
                  Also I did a little of the homework before I posted my first post, but will try and finish it up ASAP.
                  I want the gold star 😀

Glad you joined us in the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Baldhills!

Comment

Baldhills, Art, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Baldhills
                      Baldhills commented
                      Editing a comment
                      I will strive diligently towards my degree!

Welcome from Baltimore, MD

Comment

Welcome, from just up the road in Des Moines (WA)

Comment

• Baldhills
                        Baldhills commented
                        Editing a comment
                        Thanks neighbor 😀

Welcome to the Pit! We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome from further up the road, in Everett.

Comment

• Baldhills
                          Baldhills commented
                          Editing a comment
                          Did you get some snow this morning?

Announcement

Collapse
                      No announcement yet.
                      Working...
                      X
                      false
                      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                      false
                      false
                      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                      Yes
                      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here