Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from cold rainy southern Illinois.

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit @OAKGROVEBACON!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner, which is open to all USA members or those with a USA delivery address (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! I grew up in southern Illinois myself, but am in Arizona these days, cant wait to see some photos of the cooks!

Comment

A belated welcome to The Pit Oakgrovebacon, thanks for your support!

Comment

I started maple-expresso bacon today. I use Mortons tender quick for cure-1tbl per lb, 1/2 tbl of pure maple sugar/lb, 1tsp expresso powder /lb, couple tbl fresh ground black pepper in the mix, 2 finger pinch of thyme, tps of Cavenders Greek seasoning - mix all dry seasoning well and rub into all sides and edges of a trimmed fresh pork belly. Slide rubbed belly into vacuum seal bag long enough to contain it. Put any loose cure season mix into bag with meat and vacuum seal. Into the refrigerator for nine days. Then it will be rinsed and smoked. Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.66 MB ID:	249590Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.86 MB ID:	249592Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpg Views:	1 Size:	1.94 MB ID:	249591
            Last edited by Oakgrovebacon; December 11, 2016, 08:41 PM. Reason: spelling

Comment

When this heads to the smoker for 4hour caress of Apple smoke, I will send the pics of that process and the finished product.

Comment

• FireMan
                FireMan commented
                Editing a comment
                Cool, we are waiting.

Announcement

Collapse
            No announcement yet.
            Working...
            X
            false
            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
            false
            false
            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
            Yes
            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here