Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

New member introduction

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

New member introduction

Just wanted to introduce myself and give a little background. My name is Scott and I live in Grand Blanc, MI. I joined The Pit to have access to the best information for outdoor cooking. I learned about this site via a user group on fb for Weber Kettle owners. I have (2) 22.5" grills and do an "okay" job with the grilling, but I wanted to step it up to the "amazing" status. I first tried the "Perfect Pulled Pork" recipe from the website and ended up hands down with the best cooked meat that I have ever done !!! That was the "hook" for me, so I bought (2) copies of the book "Meathead" (one for me, one for a gift) because I do like hard print copies (nice quality books btw), and just in case Kim Kardashian breaks the Internet again while I am in the middle of a cook ..... so now I've got a backup. I have since done a spatchcock turkey, which also turned out wonderful, along with some side dish recipes from the site. I have also invested in some digital thermoters and noticed the "yuge" difference in cooking control. Next up for me is the PBC that I saw on the Website and in the book for an annual northern Michigan family gathering that includes 15 very hungry men. I do all of the cooking and the PBC will be the perfect tool for the job, along with the many recipes I plan on perfecting before next year's trek. I am very excited about next summer with the extra knowledge gained from Meathead and company that should "shock and awe " my family members !!! Thanks for sharing such great info and getting the rest of us up to speed.

Welcome to the Pit, Scott! If/when you pull the trigger on that PBC, you'll never regret it ...

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you ..... and I should have made the purchase by the end of January. Glad to hear the positive comment on it !!!

Welcome to the Pit!!!! the PBC will be a "YUGE" upgrade to your arsenal. You are going to love it. It really is an amazing little cooker with great capacity and almost set and forget cooks to boot.

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, I really like the idea of not having to watch the meat like a 2 year old that's always running into the street ..... sounds much more laid back for the trip which results in more quality time with everyone.

Welcome to the pit from Illinois. I absolutely love my PBC and you will love yours as well.

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you and glad to hear the endorsement from an owner.

Hi and welcome!
    Cheers from Norway!

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Hello and thank you. Cheers as well from Michigan !!!

swallace81, Scott, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, Dan !!! I certainly be attending BBQU on a regular basis and have new found bragging rights to an undefeated University in football ...... still taking the U of M vs. OSU game a little hard !!! Looking forward to all the help I can get.

Welcome swallace81

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thank you, looking forward to some great meals !!!

welcome from indiana

Comment

• swallace81
      swallace81 commented
      Editing a comment
      Thanks, good to hear from my distant neighbor, Nate in Indiana !!!

Welcome to The Pit swallace81. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support! I recently bought a PBC and I'm loving using it (pork butt and ribs so far). Congrats on your successful cooks!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
    • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
    • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Have fun! We’ll see you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome swallace81 Scott from another MI BBQer. Thanks for joining up.

Comment

Welcome to the group, Scott!

Comment

Welcome aboard Scott! Go Blue! Let's see how my memory is, but I think it was the Bo Glen E. Gen. George S. Patton Shembechler Victory Horn for Meeeeechigan. Can't wait to here about yer up nort cook der, over der. Enjoy the ride!
          Last edited by FireMan; December 3, 2016, 04:08 PM.

Comment

• lschweig
            lschweig commented
            Editing a comment
            That is funny and true. If you have ever spent any time speaking with UPers or Canadians yer is commonplace as well as eh.

• FireMan
            FireMan commented
            Editing a comment
            Side by yeach, yoo betcha eh!

• lschweig
            lschweig commented
            Editing a comment
            Soooo true!

Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

swallace81 , Welcome to the Pit!
            Glad yer here, lotsa great folks n' recipes, tips, tricks, techniques... the list is endless!
            Looking forward to learning from, and with you!

Comment

Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
              No announcement yet.
              Working...
              X
              false
              ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
              false
              false
              {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
              Yes
              ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
              /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here