Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Newbee

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Newbee

Hello from Milledgeville Ga . I am a seventh generation Georgian in Ga's capitol until after the civil war. In the BBQ world Ga is noted for the big green egg and BBQ champion Myron Mixon. Saw one of first green eggs made and swore I would never own because they were not traditional southern cooking. After a fortune in other grills that rusted out I spent another fortune on the BGE and would not trade for nutin.i use 90 percent alcohol to light being careful on hot summer days due to flash potential but otherwise it is cheap and works great. I use a bbq guru which next to the egg is the second greatest invention. Light your grill tell guru how you want it cooked and go watch it on your I pad ( third greatest invention)takes a lot of the uh oh factor out of cooking. I use lump charcoal wicked good due to fact a lot of bicquet manufactures use coal tar as a bidder. Any way joined to learn.

Welcome to The Pit hunter! Thanks for your support, we're glad to have you here. There's a newly created but ever-expanding komado grill section here with Primo owners and Eggheads like yourself trading stories and techniques. Sounds like you'll fit right in.

When you get a minute, check out Pit Boss' Welcome & Announcements channel, as well as the tips posts in that channel. These will help you learn your way around The Pit, as well as set up your signature. There's also a post that explains the best way to post nice big pics here... we like to see bragging pictures of your equipment and your cooks. We look forward to hearing more from you! Enjoy!

Comment

Welcome Hunter, You are really going to like it here. I am a real Georgian being fortunate to be born here and you are absolutely correct there is Atlanta and then there is Georgia. I currently live in Powder Springs. I look forward to your posts and Pics.

Barry

Comment

Hello Hunter, Welcome.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
        No announcement yet.
        Working...
        X
        false
        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
        false
        false
        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
        Yes
        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here