Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from Rockville, Maryland

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit Theresa ... it's an honor to have another female to our BBQ community. As you will discover we have many females that are MAJOR contributors to this site.

We dont judge cookers here... we collectively try to figure out how to get the best results with whatever cooker you present to the group. There are many of us that have electric smokers. I have 2 of them but they do seem to be left out in the cold most of the time.🤔 My BGE and Weber kettle get most of the action. When I need more space I plug in the electric cookers.

Electrics are great set it and forget it cookers. You're gonna have fun learning this craft on AR...👍

Comment

Welcome to the Pit Theresa !!! I'm glad yer here!
      I still have an electric Brinkmann, makes great food when I need it to.
      I'm looking forward to learning from, and with you.

Comment

Welcome! I bought a used weber to smoke with and haven't had a chance to use it yet. So I do a lot of reading and asking so when I do fire it up, I may put out something yummy.

Comment

A belated welcome to the pit Theresa!

Comment

Originally posted by HawkerXP View Post
            Welcome Theresa, from the Great State of Virginia!
            I too am in VA. Just down 95 a bit. Welcome!

Comment

Hello back to all of you. Yesterday was my AmeriQue's first run. My husband and son put it together and started seasoning it using apple wood. Huh you're saying? Apple wood? Me too. Anyway, I started off making Meathead's Memphis Dust, then salted the ribs and let them rest in the frig for three hours, then rubbed them down with the "Dust." There were multiple discussions as to technique from this point going forward, but the guys prevailed and they just shoved them in the smoker, added hickory and cherry (and let's not forget the left over apple from the seasoning), and then let them cook for four and a half hours. I could recite various scenarios that were running through my mind during those four and a half hours about my sudden lack of appetite, but I won't bore you with that. So the time had come for the eatin'. Yum, yum, yum. The ribs were delicious. I'm no longer worrying about my choice of smoker, and no more trips to Famous Daves, although I might have to go back for their bread pudding.

Next? I've got an 18-pound turkey thawing out that we're going to try next. I'm open to all suggestions. Brine or not to brine, that is the question. I don't care whether or not the skin is crispy because the bird will mostly be used for sandwiches. And please tell me what you're making and loving.

Comment

Congrats on your first cook! Let your finger do the walking, this place is chock-full of ideas and help.

Comment

Pictures please.

Comment

Woo hoo! Great work on the ribs. Give apple wood some, ribs love apple too!

For your turkey, here's Meathead's Ultimate Turkey page.....it's huge. I think it qualifies for CEUs toward your Pitmaster registry. Remember to make the gravy, it's wonderful.
                    I highly recommend dry brining it if the Nutrition Facts label shows the sodium content per serving at 200-300mg (or less). If it's up near 400 or higher, I'd skip it or at least reduce it. If you mean wet brining- sure! It's great too.

To see what we're making & loving, check our Show us what You're Cooking thread. And please, contribute!

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here