Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi from rainy Seattle

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi from rainy Seattle

Just joined today after having frequenting this site on and off over the last couple years. I've been smoking intermittently over the last four years with a WSM and have had pretty good success. Ribs tend to be my usual meat of choice for smoking though I'm trying to introduce ducks into the repertoire as they're a favorite for my wife and I.

Aside from smoking I enjoy cooking on the whole - sous vide'ing has been my new technique of late and I've got a soft spot for curries.

Greetings and welcome to the pit!

Comment

Hello again and welcome to The Pit zacbrown! There's a man who sings to me on my radio with such a name. Anyway, thanks for the support here, we appreciate it!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome zacbrown

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.

Comment

Welcome from Florida!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

zacbrown Welcome from Baltimore, MD! I love your part of the country. I have family in Seattle, and in Lynnwood. Curries are a favorite of mine, especially Thai curry.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome zacbrown! I'm north of you, up in Everett.

Comment

Welcome zacbrown, I work in Seattle but do my smoking up in Bothell. We've got a pretty good showing from the NW in here, so looking forward to learning and sharing tips with you.

Comment

Welcome zacbrown .... I'm from Maple Valley. I cook on a Hasty-Bake Gourmet and a WSM 22. Just did a brisket yesterday on the WSM. Ribs are one of the favorites for the family, and my daughters love it when they see me pulling out a pork butt. I run my WSM and Hasty-Bake pretty much year round, even though Maple Valley is officially the second rainiest city in the United States :-)

Love to hear about you smoking some duck on the WSM!

Comment

Welcome zacbrown from the south end of Des Moines. Ducks will be a challenge, as they render out so much fat. A Weber with a big pan underneath would probably work. This is my first T-day in a while that I haven't done ducks, but always in the oven.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here