Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smoke it UP!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Welcome to the Pit, Porkies I'm glad yer here, looking forward to hearing more from ya'!

Comment

Porkies, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy, "The Pit"! For a First Smoke You might want to try a Pork Butt, Frnt. Shoulder! I would dry brine it with Coarse Kosher Salt for 24-36 Hrs, add your Rub 6-24 Hrs before you Smoke It! I usually use some Olive Oil over the Butt to help keep the Rub on It! Apple Wood Smoke IMHOP! Smoke at 225*-275* F to 203* Internal Temp Good Luck!
      Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        It looks like I'm doing a pork butt this weekend... if the rain will come and go quickly.

Welcome Porkies, best wishes for some great smokin' on your new rig! I lived in TN and TX both, but those stops were on my "southern swing" as I was born in PA and now live in CT (16+ years now).

For some ideas on smokin' some good Butt, check out the new post I started today, includes some personal recipes and photos of the process.

Comment

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        Definitely will do... thanks for the info!

Welcome to the Pit! Are you willing to do your first smoking on the Thanksgiving turkey?

Comment

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        Although I want to try and smoke a turkey, I've heard the electric smokers can't get poultry to the required heat fast enough? I have more to read about all that though.

• LA Pork Butt
        LA Pork Butt commented
        Editing a comment
        I would think that if you preheated it like you do your kitchen oven it would work. It should be able to hold a constant temperature although there would be an initial drop when you put in the cold turkey.

I have herd smoked porter is awsome

Comment

• Porkies
        Porkies commented
        Editing a comment
        I bet it ain't bad at all

Originally posted by Brewmaster View Post
      I have herd smoked porter is awsome
      As I recall from my Alaska days, it was: https://www.homebrewersassociation.o...-porter-clone/

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
      No announcement yet.
      Working...
      X
      false
      ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
      false
      false
      {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
      Yes
      ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
      /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here