Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Greetings from the beach

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Greetings from the beach

My name is Hank and I live where the weather allows me to BBQ all year long without sketching about the weather. I started with a small Traeger a little over 3 years ago and have slowly gained a little experience with it. I’ve cooked ribs, brisket, shoulder, even meatloaf. Then I found this website, and wow! What a wealth of information. Turns out I had run across it quite by accident shortly after I started, when I found the reviews for meat thermometers. Unfortunately I was too slow of a learner to appreciate what I had found. Now I know! I’ve spent multiple hours on the site in the last few days. The info here has already saved a pork shoulder I cooked last week.

I have recently succumbed to the BBQ pit addiction – gotta have a bigger pit! I sold my small Traeger and bought a larger pellet grill from Green Mountain Grills. So far all I’ve had time to do on it is that shoulder and some reverse-seared tri-tip. Looking forward to a whole lot more cooking using the new knowledge from AmazingRibs.com.

Welcome, Deaf Arty !!! I'm glad yer here, an' lookin' forward t' yer contributions.

Sounds like ya' know yer way around...

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Deaf Arty! We're glad to have you here, thanks for your support.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
      1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
      2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Deaf Arty! See you around The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Hank!

Comment

Welcome aboard Deaf Arty. Any relation to Arty Choke?
            Is'nt it amazing that you're creeping along thinking you know what you are doing & then you Try AR. Things get really better until you really explore the site & the full force of the mother load hits you. Glad to have you aboard, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• EdF
              EdF commented
              Editing a comment
              Definitely the best BBQ site in the known universe.

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome aboard, Hank!

Comment

Thanks, all! what a great welcome. looking forward to hanging with everybody .

Comment

Welcome to the pit from Hawaii Hank !!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. Good to have you here.

Comment

Welcome Deaf Arty

Comment

Dude, welcome to the every expanding circle of fun with BBQ and thePit! Keep the pictures and stories coming

Comment

Deaf Arty, I apologize for Not Welcoming You Before Now! Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome from Indiana..

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here