Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hello from San Ramon

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hello from San Ramon

Been grilling for a long time on my charcoal webber and smoking for about 4 years now with my MES30 (with mailbox mod added earlier this last summer). I just upgraded and got a Rec Tec (arrived yesterday) and also figured it was about time I joined The Pit. Amazingribs.com has been one of my go to sites to read about bbq related things. Hoping to learn more from the forums.

I love good bbq but I know my way around a kitchen and do a lot of cooking indoors. I cook for my family (wife and 3 teenagers) almost every night of the week. I try to at least grill or smoke something 3 times a week. My favorite is ribs, brisket, pulled pork (mmm tacos), abt's, chicken ... whom I kidding, I like it all!

Oh, and I live in San Ramon, CA. Moved here from Oregon 2 years ago. Sadly I haven't found much in the way of good bbq around here

Oh ... and my name is Donald. I put dhansen thinking that would be my username to login. Oops.

Comment

You must look in your own back yard, Grasshopper.

Welcome!

Comment

Welcome BaconBytes

Comment

Haha. You got me on that one EdF. Besides my own back yard and 1 other place, I haven't found much else yet. The one I did find isn't feasible to visit with the family after I get home from work due to traffic. It sucks around here! I want to be lazy sometimes.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit BaconBytes! Nice to have you here with us, thanks for the support. I'd be happy to change your username if you'd like to. Enjoy that new RecTec. I've been tossing around the idea of one of those myself.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
            1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
            2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard BaconBytes and congrats on the new Rec Tec! See you around The Pit.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Donald!

Comment

Welcome, BaconBytes !!! I'm glad yer here, an' lookin forward to your input an' skills!

Comment

Glad to have you in the Pit!

Comment

There used to be some really good BBQ places in Oakland. My folks are both from the Bay Area. I haven't been to any restaurants there in a long time even though I still go back on occasion for ball games and to visit the family that remains there. If you get up towards Chico, CA I promise you will find great BBQ at my place and further north I have seen photos of what the Captain from Mt. Shasta cooks and it sure looks good. When you find the joints in the East Bay post them because Oakland claims to be the originator of the BBQ'd tri-tip, by history and I know they are still there. As a kid I did not know what tri tip was but it was delicious. It may be why it is my "go-to" to this day. Welcome to the pit!

Comment

• OneEyedJack
                        OneEyedJack commented
                        Editing a comment
                        I think the air pollution regulations around here do not allow for good BBQ to be produced. I only grill on Spare The Air Days!

Welcome from Nebraska, Donald!!

Comment

Welcome. Hope you like the Rec Tec!

Comment

BaconBytes, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome. I too live in the East Bay, and you are spot on regarding the lack of decent bbq places around. Bo's BBQ in Lafayette was good, but he closed in 2014. I'm actually putting out some decent bbq using the Slow and Sear with my Weber Kettle.

Comment

• BaconBytes
                              BaconBytes commented
                              Editing a comment
                              Have you tried Bonehead BBQ in Lafayette? It recently opened. Not bad. Since I work in Walnut Creek, I've gone there a couple times for lunch. It's in the same building that Bo's was in.

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here