Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Introducing myself!

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• HawkerXP
    replied
    Welcome Guts! Its happened to me also. You'll bounce back but for now.............grill on dude!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Welcome Gutscrank! First, and foremost, I hope that employment opportunities that are viable present themselves to you.
    BTDT. Still have the T-Shirts. Not fun.
    Glad you've joined us, here in the Pit.
    I hope that BBQ therapy will help you through this rough patch.
    I am looking forward to what you bring to the table, from your experiences.
    Best regards!
    Bonedaddy

Leave a comment:

• GutscranK
    commented on 's reply
    The thing is that i dont have a passport

• GutscranK
    commented on 's reply
    Broussard sound french to me! You know french curse ou french canadian curse(Quebecois)? Lol

• GutscranK
    replied
    Thx guys!

Leave a comment:

• tbob4
    commented on 's reply
    Question - I'm from CA but my boy went to Tulane in NOLA. He now lives in Texas. When I went to NOLA the accent stuck in my voice for a year. Still not completely gone. I don't come back from Texas with a drawl.

• tbob4
    replied
    Welcome to the Pit. I'm sorry to hear about your job loss. I was in a similar situation once - a day from being laid off but was saved at the last minute. Unfortunately, I knew about the lay-off for 4 months and was fighting hard for my job. The only thing that could put my mind at ease was cooking on the BBQ. At the time my two BBQ's were different sized very Cheap Offset Smokers. The rust had eaten through the handle mount on the firebox on my sturdier unit but a meat hook and a glove worked just fine. I received the call that my job was saved right in the middle of a smoking tri-tip. Hopefully some luck comes your way in the middle of a cook.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Greetings, Guts ... and welcome to the Pit! Seems it'd be worth the short drive to pick up a PBC in Maine ... about $200 worth.

Leave a comment:

• Jerod Broussard
    replied
    Welcome. Bummer on the job! My dad speaks french. All my grandparents spoke french, southwest Louisiana acadian thing. I just know most the curse words.

Leave a comment:

• GutscranK
    started a topic Introducing myself!

Introducing myself!

Hi everyone! You can call me Guts,and im from Quebec,Canada so i speak french normaly.

Sooooo....ya...Yesterday i just lost my job bicause of the company making cuts and stuff.It really hit me hard and i was(and still) very sad cuz there's nothing i could've done to avoid this. But then i remember that there's one thing that never failed to cheers me up, and that's grilling food! So i went buying Meathead The science of great barbecue and grilling cookbook, register myself to The Pit and here i am reading about grilling and barbecue, looking for something to cook on my Weber Performer Deluxe.

I was planning to buy a Pit Barrel Cooker eventually with the money that i saved,but guess it will have to wait lol.And in Canada it cost 500$ so its not for a near futur

Anyway i really like grilling thing,i hope to become a master in the futur and who know,maybe open a restaurant or something. I was really inspired by Argentinian chef Francis Mallmann who cook everything with fire and i just want to do the same,his work is so amazing.Bicause of him i want to buy a device called Chapa, its some kind of argentinian grilling device that i find awesome. If you have the chance watch Chef's table season 1 episode 3 on netflix and see for yourself,its orgasmic haha!

So looking forward to have some nice discussions with you guys! Have a nice day and may the fire never dies!
    Last edited by GutscranK; October 29, 2016, 04:39 PM.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here