Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Smokin' in North-Central Florida

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Smokin' in North-Central Florida

Hi!
    I've enjoyed cooking, inside and outside, for many years. My outdoor cooking has been mainly grilling (except for over a campfire - I was active in scouting for many years) until recently. My older son (an excellent cook) introduced me to smoking/BBQing a few years ago. I've been using (excuse the affront) an electric smoker (Masterbuilt) for the ease of use with good results. But I've known for some time that to make real BBQ I needed to start cooking over charcoal. After reading many articles and reviews on this website I decided that the PBC was very intriguing. After looking at Noah's videos I was sold. I just got the cooker 2 wks ago and have already made the best chicken and ribs I've ever eaten. I found the tips listed in the PBC section on this forum very helpful!
    I have also been an avid homebrewer for about 20 yrs. Drinking a homebrew on the patio while watching the smoke leak out the rebar holes in the PBC is a wonderful afternoon!
    (some members have already commented on my screen name - yes, I am an anesthesiologist)

GasPasser

Welcome again GasPasser

Comment

Welcome to the Pit from Baltimore, MD! 😎

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you.

Comment

Howdy GasPasser from a retired firefghter/paramedic who's handled a Mac and an ETT or 2 in my time! Welcome to the Pit. This site is a wonderful resource with a bunch of great people who are very willing to share what they know, much like a lot of gas passers I had the pleasure of working with.

Comment

• Huskee
            Huskee commented
            Editing a comment
            Hi five fellow intubator

• CaptainMike
            CaptainMike commented
            Editing a comment
            Huskee RT's are the best thing to see when we bring in a code blue!

Thanks!
          hey, how do you add a photo or avatar to one's "signature"?

Comment

Greetings from Tallahassee GasPasser

Comment

GasPasser! Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
            Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit GasPasser! Great to have you here. I have to admit my mind didn't first go to anesthesiologist reading your username. Thanks for what you do! Electric smokers are a tool with their own strengths like any other tool. I think they excel at smoked fish, and are great with jerky too if either are your thing. Charcoal, especially charcoal with wood chunks, is an unbeatable flavor for other meats though IMHO.

Changing your avatar is really easy! You just go to your name in the upper-right of the screen and click it. Then select My Profile from the popup (the first option). Then on the next screen you'll see a larger version of your [default grey] avatar. Hover over it and you'll see a little blue "Edit Avatar" popup in the lower-right of that avatar. That takes you to your upload options. Then you can crop it as needed.

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
              1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
              2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

• GasPasser
                GasPasser commented
                Editing a comment
                I do make a lot of smoked salmon and I think I'll continue to make that in the electric smoker since I can keep the temps down better in it.

• Mr. Bones
                Mr. Bones commented
                Editing a comment
                I once had a 8-month vacation on Adak. We were there for the salmon run. I do believe nearly every electrical outlet on the island had several electric smokers plugged in, for quite some time. Everybody had their own marinades, rubs, final touches, etc. Never tasted no bad ones....

Welcome aboard!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit GasPasser!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana...

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                  No announcement yet.
                  Working...
                  X
                  false
                  ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                  false
                  false
                  {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                  Yes
                  ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                  /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here