Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Aloha from Hawaii

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Aloha from Hawaii

Been attempting to BBQ for a while started 20 years ago boiling ribs thinking they were fantastic, than started to realize that it was actually like mashed ribs..Maybe 7-10 years ago happened upon this site and "BAM" it was ON!

Lucky to live in great weather, so we are always grilling. Have brought my Weber Performer to the beach on many occasions and smoked ribs 6-8 hours at a time.

Been reading lots of the post and cant thank everyone enough!

Mahalo

Welcome to the pit

Comment

Welcome sean808, as you already know. BAM! Good cooking has arrived.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit, Sean! Which island do you call home?

Comment

• sean808@gmail.com
          [email protected] commented
          Editing a comment
          Oahu, you been here?

• MBMorgan
          MBMorgan commented
          Editing a comment
          Just passing through HNL to/from Maui. We had family there until a few years ago.

welcome sean, glad you're here in the Pit!

I'm looking forward to what you bring to the table, as well...

What kind of woods are you using, there? I'd think you'd play Billy Hell tryin' to get some of the ones from the great 48 locally, cost-wise.

Comment

@[email protected], Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Aloha Sean! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Welcome aboard sean808! Weather is weather, just that your perspective of weather & some of our perspectives is just a LITTLE different. Looking forward to pics of the beach & ribs & stuff. Enjoy the ride.

Comment

Originally posted by Mr. Bones View Post
                    welcome sean, glad you're here in the Pit!

I'm looking forward to what you bring to the table, as well...

What kind of woods are you using, there? I'd think you'd play Billy Hell tryin' to get some of the ones from the great 48 locally, cost-wise.
                    We commonly use what we call "Kiawe wood" and "Guava" wood. Locally its all over so not a big deal to go get some

I did get the large bags of wood chunks from a local bargain store like $10 for 18lbs. Hickory, Apple & Mesquite (Habitat for Humanity) but it is not a normal product, infact nothing is in there. I think they are donated goods and materials so every now and than they have some great bbq deals.

Comment

• Huskee
                      Huskee commented
                      Editing a comment
                      A VERY belated welcome to The Pit, Sean!

Aloha [email protected] and welcome to the Pit! I had some friends I met there working one year. They lived north Shore above Waimea Bay and Shell Beach atop Pupukea Hill. I miss Hawaii.

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska, Sean!

Comment

[email protected] Welcome to The Pit. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                        • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                        • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!
                        See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit! How are things in Polynesia? Warmer than 45 and Raining, I bet? We'd love to see some pictures of your handy work on the beach. Glad to have you join up. Cheers from Chilly Minnesota.

Comment

• sean808@gmail.com
                            [email protected] commented
                            Editing a comment
                            Thanks! Things are going good out here. Hopefully I can pull some up, been up MN in Jan for work and it was pretty cold.. The Walleye was Great.

Announcement

Collapse
                        No announcement yet.
                        Working...
                        X
                        false
                        ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                        false
                        false
                        {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                        Yes
                        ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                        /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here