Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Jungmeister Down Under

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Jungmeister Down Under

Gidday from Down Under. I just thought I would let you know that I have received the Food Temperature guide. What a comprehensive reference! I am relatively new to Low and Slow BBQ but a long time outdoor cooker. My first experience was in the Aussie Outback probably 60 years ago when we went on a "Chop Picnic". My Uncle used an old plough disk with three legs welded on. He placed it over a wood fire and we cooked lamb chops and sausages all with a liberal amount of onions, buttered white bread and tomato sauce while the kangaroos hopped past our camp. Now I use a Weber Q for quick gas cooking and a small WSM to learn the art of Low and Slow. I have had success with pork ribs, small brisket, pork scotch (Butt) and various chicken cuts. It is quite tricky to get the meat cuts by name from local Aussie butchers but we are all learning. Costco is a big help because they sometimes package local meats with USA names. It is great fun and the family loves it!

G'day mate, quite a few of you Aussies showing up here lately! The BBQ scene has taken off down under. Whereabouts in OZ?

Comment

• Jungmeister
      Jungmeister commented
      Editing a comment
      Gidday mate. I am from Adelaide, South Australia. A nice place to call home. Yes indeed the smoking style of BBQ is taking off -slowly though. It will take decades to wean the locals off grilled sausages and chops and half inch thin steaks.

• smokinfatties
      smokinfatties commented
      Editing a comment
      haha! snags and those 10 dollar pub steaks are a staple! Looking forward to seeing some of your cooks!

Greetings and welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome Jungmeister

Comment

Welcome to the Pit.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Jungmeister! Great to have you with us, it's always nice making new friends from far away places (far away to me, anyway). Thanks for your support! I envy the fact that your seasons are opposite ours here in the USA and you're in (or close to?) summer!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members, it contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
          1. Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Notifications tab.
          2. Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We NEVER spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to hear & see more from you!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jungmeister. I see a trend developing. Two of the hottest Pit spots are DownUnder & Chicago. What's the connection?
            Great story of the "chop picnic". Looking forward to more, enjoy the ride!

Comment

• Jungmeister
              Jungmeister commented
              Editing a comment
              You have me there, mate. No obvious connection! I have visited the windy city years ago. Nice big lake!

Welcome to the group, Jungmeister!!!

Comment

Welcome aboard Jungmeister!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. never been down under but I heard Que is blowing up down there.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana

Comment

Jungmeister, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! Your Comment on Your Uncles Plow Colter or Disk cooker brought back a Dim Memory from nye on 60 Years Ago on the Farm! Perhaps things aren't so different for You Down Under from Us Up Yonder?
                    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND USA, Dan

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                    No announcement yet.
                    Working...
                    X
                    false
                    ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                    false
                    false
                    {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                    Yes
                    ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                    /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here