Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Good Evening Y'all

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Good Evening Y'all

I'm a new member hoping to learn a lot. When I was 5 or 6 years old growing up in San Antonio we would go to family reunions on the southside of town. By the time we arrived at the old homestead my uncles' cronies had dig a pit the day before, started a roaring fire, and hung chicken wire across the hole. Needless to say after many cases of beer the coals were ready for ribs and brisket the next morning. One old guy would say the fire is too cool and tell me to put a log in the pit. A few minutes later a different old man would start yelling that I burnt up the meat! I caught so much grief it is a wonder I ever wanted to cook BBQ. Despite these trials by fire I have a lot to learn to really get my Q up to where it should be.

As for pits I have an Pitts and Spitts offset smoker, Traeger grill, and my new love Kamodo XL smoker. Over the years I have also burned up many Old Smokey's and Webber Grills. On Saturday I cooked Last Meal ribs on the Kamodo and really think they were my best ever; plus the crowd watching the game seemed to love them. Also, for background info I have lived in Houston now since 1988.

Hope to learn lots from everyone.

Aggie Pitmaster

Welcome!!

Pitts and Spitts got some nice pits. From what I can drool over on the net.

Comment

Welcome, Aggie Pitmaster ! Glad you're here!

It sounds like you are well along on your journey, please feel free to share your skills, etc., as well as learn!

Pictures are always a BIG plus.

Comment

Welcome Aggie Pitmaster

Comment

Welcome from Indiana...

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!

Comment

Welcome from Nebraska!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Aggie Pitmaster. It's great to have you here. Thank you for your support!

Since this is your first post, please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

Hope to see you around The Pit often!

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. You are good to go with equipment.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit!! We are happy to have you.

Comment

Welcome for down the road, an Island somewhere near Texas. Lots of great gear; coupled with the wisdom to be gathered here, you'll soon be the envy of Houston Aggie diaspora.

Comment

Welcome to The Pit Aggie Pitmaster! You sound like you'll fit in nicely. Nice collection of gear you have there too!

Comment

@Aggie Pittmaster, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"!
                          Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here.

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                            No announcement yet.
                            Working...
                            X
                            false
                            ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                            false
                            false
                            {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                            Yes
                            ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                            /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here