Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Bbq'er from Aus here..

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

• CaptainMike
    replied
    Howdy from The Great State of Jefferson (actually northern California)! I have to agree with the SlowNSear and Thermapen recommendations. The SNS will give you more options with the Weber and the Thermapen will help you not ruin the whole mess! It sounds like you already discovered the chimney so please, please, please ditch any lighter fluid you might have!

Leave a comment:

• Kevin Fuess
    replied
    Welcome - cannot read your posts without putting the accent in my mind - love it! There are so many things you can buy and have fun with, just browse through the Ratings & Reviews and you will see. The only item I am dissapointed with is the Cuisinart Grilluminate, just wasn't as bright as I expected.

Leave a comment:

• Danjohnston949
    replied
    @ausbb, Hey Down Under from Up Yonder! Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! Another Weber User, among others, here! You will need to get an S 'n S (Slow and Sear) for Your Weber 22 1/2" Kettle a Great Accessory that turns your Kettle into a Great Smoker! Check out the AmazingRibs.Com Site Ratings and Reviews Section also the AdrenalineBBQCo.com for S 'n S info! MBMorgan is
    right You will need an Instant Read Thermometer but also get a Good Leave In Therm such as a Maverick et 732/733!
    Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	7 Size:	5.05 MB ID:	231812Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	30 Size:	523.9 KB ID:	231814Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	33 Size:	496.1 KB ID:	231813Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	14 Size:	569.2 KB ID:	231815Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	3 Size:	3.90 MB ID:	231816Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	1 Size:	1.96 MB ID:	231818Click image for larger version  Name:	image.jpeg Views:	2 Size:	2.90 MB ID:	231819
    Attached Files
    Last edited by Danjohnston949; October 20, 2016, 07:53 AM.

Leave a comment:

• Shane Rakow
    replied
    Welcome ausbbq. Instant read thermometer as Mbmorgan has mentioned is a must, and Meatheads: "The Science of Great Barbecue and Grilling," will get you going nicely!

Leave a comment:

• Mr. Bones
    replied
    Welcome ausbbq !

Leave a comment:

• DWCowles
    replied
    Welcome ausbbq

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Oh ... and the #1 MUST have is a really good instant read thermometer... like the Thermoworks Thermapen MK4. There's a whole bunch of other must-haves but that's #1.

Leave a comment:

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Near Denver, Colorado ... not much oxygen up here ... ...

Leave a comment:

• ausbbq
    replied
    Originally posted by Mbmorgan View Post
    Greetings and welcome to the Pit! Where in Oz? For many years while I was with BHP Billiton, I considered Melbourne a second home.
    Where are you from yourself?

Leave a comment:

• ausbbq
    commented on 's reply
    That's where I am from sir. I grew up in Rural Australia but have lived here now for about 10 years. Great city!

• MBMorgan
    replied
    Greetings and welcome to the Pit! Where in Oz? For many years while I was with BHP Billiton, I considered Melbourne a second home.

Leave a comment:

• ausbbq
    started a topic Bbq'er from Aus here..

Bbq'er from Aus here..

G'day new mates. I've been city living for quite some time now and had a DIY balcony-friendly bbq set up. Just an aluminium tray with an oven-rack over the top. Never even heard of a chimney until I stumbled across this website so I laugh now at how I used to attempt to light coals. Recently purchased a Weber Kettle as I am about to move into a place with a backyard so can finally start outdoor cooking properly. I've already started making my own rubs and bbq sauces. I am excited to finally use real smoke in the sauce and not liquid smoke.

You guys all seem really nice and I'm excited to be apart of this community. Just a quick question - any bbq-accessories I should avoid or MUST have... I am pretty new to all of this so any advice is great.

Cheers!!

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.
Working...
X
false
["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
false
false
{"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
Yes
["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
/forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here