Welcome!

This is a membership forum. Guests can view 5 pages for free. To participate, please join.

[ Pitmaster Club Information | Join Now | Login | Contact Us ]

Only 4 free page views remaining.

Announcement

Collapse
No announcement yet.

Hi All

Collapse
X

• Filter
  • Time
  • Show
Clear All

Hi All

I'm Travis, a retired Navy helo pilot living in Key West. I found this site while researching new grills. Apart from cooking bubba burgers and some occasional steaks, I'm pretty much a rookie when it comes to grilling and I've already learned a lot from the many how-to articles. I'm eager to get my new grill and start breaking it in.

Welcome aboard, Shipmate!

Ol' Air Det Seabee, myself...gotta lotta saddle time in 'the Flyin' Coffins' (CH-53's), as well as Shithooks.

What kinda grill have you been usin'? What are ya' lookin' at fer new?

I'm glad you've joined us here, and look forward to hearing more from you!

Hope yer enjoyin' retirement to the fullest, and thanks for your service! ~S~

Comment

Welcome Travis. You will have a lot of support here in the pit for all your questions. You mentioned a new grill. What are you looking at? We will all want to know. Again if you have any questions ask.
      Oh by the way new grill = MCS. You already have it and There's no going back.

Comment

Welcome to BBQ land!

Comment

Welcome, Travis. How cool is it that you found KW as a place to land. Good on you. You will love The Pit if you're looking to take some time and cook/smoke in the sunshine. This place will answer just about any question you might have on how to BBQ right. As a fellow retiree, I second Bones's statement, thank you for your service.

Comment

Welcome trvsmrtn

Comment

Forgot to mention that I'm a mustang. Did 9 1/2 years enlisted before going to the dark side. I flew H-60s and was flying station SAR in Key West when the family decided they didn't want to move again. Fortunately I was at 20 and able to retire.

As far as my grill, I've been cooking on a Charmglow that I got at Home Depot about 8 or 9 years ago. I'm looking at the Weber Genesis. I was considering the S-330, but instead I'm leaning towards the E-330 and I'll use the $150 that I save to buy some grill grates. The Home Depot here only carries the copper color E-330. I think I would prefer the black, but part of me says it doesn't really matter.

Comment

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Check out the Genesis EP-330 on Amazon ... all stainless inside ... black outside ... $699 to your door with Prime

• trvsmrtn
                trvsmrtn commented
                Editing a comment
                The EP-330 must've been on sale when you saw it. It's over $1000 now.

• MBMorgan
                MBMorgan commented
                Editing a comment
                Acmetools.com is the direct merchant. It'll be much cheaper there.

trvsmrtn, Welcome to "The Pit"! You are Now Enrolled in the BBQ Univ.! Attendance and Participation are Mandatory! Enjoy "The Pit"! You might want to Check Out the Grill and Smoker Sections on the Home Page of The Pit! Also check out the Ratings and Reviews by Meathead and Max Good on the Homepage of AmazingRibs.Com! Don't overlook the Charcoal and Pellet Smokers and Grills, Slightly more Work but No Problem for a Feller with the Eye, Hand and Foot Coordination to Fly an EggBeater! Along those lines our Son (Shawn) works for Co., Dakota Air Parts, He just bought a Wing of New Zealand's Airforce, 10 Huey's are now in Fargo ND! He about caused an Int'l Incident, apparently the Sale was Hush Hush in New Zealand when the News Broke the Public stormed Parliament in Outrage? Shawn jumped a Plane via China and on to Dubai, He is currently back in Fargo ND, Headquarters, so his Mom can keep an eye on Him!
              Eat Well and Prosper! From a Backyard Cremator in Fargo ND, Dan

Comment

Welcome to The Pit trvsmrtn. It's great to have you here and thank you for your support!

Please check out our homework assignment post for new members. It contains a few how-tos and please-dos. This will help you learn your way around so you can get the best experience from our forum.

Also, it's very important that you:
                • Give us an email address you actually use. You can set or change your email on file with us by clicking your name in the upper-right, then User Settings, then the Account tab.
                • Add the domain AmazingRibs.com to your email safe list. We never spam! This is important to receive notices about your account, such as if you’re up for renewal or are ever drawn as our monthly Gold Medal Giveaway winner (we’d hate to have to pick another person because you don’t answer us)!

See you around The Pit!

Comment

Welcome to The Pit trvsmrtn! Nice to have you here with us! My wife & I honeymooned in Key West, and we haven't been back but have wanted to since about a day after we got back!... That was back in 2002. Hope you love life here in The Pit!

Comment

Hi Travis! Welcome to the group.

Comment

Welcome aboard from Baltimore, MD! We're glad you're here.

Comment

Welcome to the Pit. We are happy to have you here. i love me some Key West. Its a great place.

Comment

Welcome from Indiana.....

Comment

Announcement

Collapse
                          No announcement yet.
                          Working...
                          X
                          false
                          ["pitmaster-my-membership","login","join-pitmaster","lostpw","reset-password","special-offers","help","nojs","meat-ups","gifts","authaau-alpha","ebooklogin-start","alpha","start"]
                          false
                          false
                          {"count":0,"link":"/forum/announcements/","debug":""}
                          Yes
                          ["\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1157845-paid-members-download-your-6-deep-dive-guide-ebooks-for-free-here","\/forum\/the-pitcast","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2019-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2020-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2021-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/bbq-news-magazine-2022-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2023-issues","\/forum\/national-barbecue-news-magazine\/national-barbecue-news-magazine-aa\/current-2024-issues","\/forum\/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads\/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here"]
                          /forum/free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-downloads/1165909-trial-members-download-your-free-deep-dive-guide-ebook-here